Sent from my PG41200 using Android Central Forums
    05-26-2012 03:15 AM
    both work great, no issues, do it
    05-26-2012 05:26 AM
    Anyone know if EasyTeather will work on the phone via USB?
    05-26-2012 05:53 AM
    Have not been able to get Wifi or Barnicle Tether to work. Those who have it working did you change anything?
    Rooted last night, installed wifi tether and its been working great since. No changes made.
    05-26-2012 06:17 AM
    Have not been able to get Wifi or Barnicle Tether to work. Those who have it working did you change anything?
    05-26-2012 06:35 AM
    Rooted last night as well. Wifi tether was installed first and Titanium Backup Pro second. Awesome
    05-26-2012 08:44 AM
    Anyone know if EasyTeather will work on the phone via USB?
    It should work but the phone is supposed to do it without an app now. Read the user guide for instructions. I haven't tried yet as I'll probably root and use WT.
    05-26-2012 09:25 AM
    WT version number that works? And thanks for replies!

Sent from my PG86100 using Android Central Forums
    05-26-2012 10:11 AM
    I was actually going to start a Wi-Fi thread. Myself and a few others cannot seem to get tethering to work after rooting. The rooting went well as far as I cold tell and other apps that require rooting seem to work fine.

The Evo is sending the signal out and is seen. I just cannot connect to it. My iPad, which is very good at auto-connecting, just tells me connection failed. My laptop and CM7-Nook Color just do not connect at all. I have tried with and without encryption and have tried two different programs. I even restored Wireless tether from a TB backup so all access settings were the same as on my old Evo which worked fine.

Any other ideas?
    krcm0209 likes this.
    05-26-2012 02:06 PM
    For Wireless Tether. change device profile to generic ics in settings.
    youngusaplaya and Paladin like this.
    05-26-2012 02:26 PM
    Thanks, that fixed my problem! I was having the same problem as the guy above.

So now, my settings in Wifi Tether are:
    Device Profile: Generic ICS
    Setup Method: Auto
    WiFi Encryption: Enabled
    Channel: 1
    WiFi driver reload: Enabled
    Routing fix: Enabled

EDIT: This post was made using a wifi tether connection from my EVOLTE.
    05-26-2012 02:36 PM
    thanks for the heads up
    05-26-2012 03:36 PM
    Here's a screen shot...3g speeds seem fast than my OG EVO.
    05-26-2012 04:10 PM
    Can't use Wireless Tether then (no biggie) but WiFi Tether works great once I did that! Awesome man, THANKS!!! Who would have thought of that. ii
    05-26-2012 04:47 PM
    Can't use Wireless Tether then (no biggie) but WiFi Tether works great once I did that! Awesome man, THANKS!!! Who would have thought of that. ii
    For wireless tether I changed the profile to Samsung galaxy cdma/LTE and its works. Also enable mms and router fix

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    05-26-2012 08:31 PM
    Although wifi tethering works fine, I can't seem to tether via bluetooth; I've tried using BlueDun, FoxFi, and even the built-in Bluetooth tethering option (settings>wireless & netowrks>more>Sprint hotspot & tethering>Bluetooth tethering) and nothing seems to work. I really need to tether via bt as my vehicles' infotainment system relies on BT DUN profile for wireless connectivity (no wifi). Has anyone been successful in tethering via bt, & if so, how?
    06-03-2012 01:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD