Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mercury81
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Evo Cardock and Otterbox Defender Series Case

Anyone with both can you tell me if you can use the two together?

Global Posts
    190 Global Posts

Default Re: Evo Cardock and Otterbox Defender Series Case

i was wondering this myself but having the otterbox and seeing pics of the car dock, i'm thinking they wont work together.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by ericj12 View Post
    i was wondering this myself but having the otterbox and seeing pics of the car dock, i'm thinking they wont work together.
    Ya just bought both and it just barely misses... any recommendations for a cardock mount?

I got the Defender case today and it doesn't look like it'll fit in the car dock. The case is just too thick to fit into the slot of the Sprint-branded car dock.

The case looks nice, but it's a little too bulky for my taste, and plus it won't fit in the car dock. So I'll be returning the case later today and wait for my Seidio case to arrive in the mail (which is taking forever, because it got shipped on May 18th).

Anyways, here are some pics of the case...

I have a simple TPU case from Diztronic on my LTE, & it fits into the car EVO LTE dock perfectly. Then again, it's not a thick case... It's what I need tho, as it slides in & out of my pocket with ease.
    Thanked by:

Thought, Try taking the rubber part off and then try

Quote Originally Posted by Vysse View Post
    Ya just bought both and it just barely misses... any recommendations for a cardock mount?
    cd mount by mountek.

I was using a Soundgate M2 mount with a TPU case on my old EVO.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey777 View Post
    cd mount by mountek.
    So an Otterbox Defender-wrapped EVO LTE will fit in this mount?

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrJackson View Post

As shown in the pictures above and my own personal experience it Will NOT fit. I am currently using a generic dock with the Defender, but I might return the Defender, it just makes the phone too big and heavy. I had the Defender on an iPhone and the added dim. was not that bad, but when taking an all ready large phone (even though it is light and thin) and adding more height and width just makes the phone hard to use.

I might just use a screen protector and a leather belt case. This phone minus the glossy back top, is so sexy it is a shame to hide it.

Quote Originally Posted by docangle View Post
    As shown in the pictures above and my own personal experience it Will NOT fit. I am currently using a generic dock with the Defender, but I might return the Defender, it just makes the phone too big and heavy. I had the Defender on an iPhone and the added dim. was not that bad, but when taking an all ready large phone (even though it is light and thin) and adding more height and width just makes the phone hard to use.

Hmmmm....I really like my Defender, so it might just come down to me taking the case off when I want to mount the phone in my car. I have to make sacrifices to have both, I guess.

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

Hmmmm....I really like my Defender, so it might just come down to me taking the case off when I want to mount the phone in my car. I have to make sacrifices to have both, I guess.
    Until you figure out it is PITA to remove the EVO from the Defender, ie, removing the rubber sleeve, using your finger nails to unclip the two halves(being careful not to break the clips) in order to use the Sprint Dock. When you need to put the Defender back on you need to make sure the EVO is clean and the Defender as well to avoid scratching the EVO's screen or body. To me this defeats the purpose of having a dedicated Car Dock so you can quickly dock the EVO.

Well its adjustable.

Quote Originally Posted by a22matic View Post
    I have a simple TPU case from Diztronic on my LTE, & it fits into the car EVO LTE dock perfectly. Then again, it's not a thick case... It's what I need tho, as it slides in & out of my pocket with ease.
    Thanks. The black matted TPU case does look nice and slim.

Matte Back Black TPU Case for HTC Evo 4G LTE

Just ordered one off Amazon.

Looks like a Dremmel might be in order lol

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by INP713 View Post
    Looks like a Dremmel might be in order lol
    You would need to remove more plastic than is available. You would have holes on both sides, and would be hard to make it fit, I took the Sprint Dock apart to see if it was feasible, it is not without making an ugly mess.

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

i know this thread is a little dead but i thought you guys might appreciate this
    Please Select Your SlipGrip Holder
    dunno how great they are. looking at getting one for my GS3.
    enjoy

You can always buy the iBolt pro dock alumnia. It does fit the evo with the defender case.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

A sprint store rep showed me a Griffin mount for the iPhone that when extended fully works perfectly with my EVO 4G LTE in an otterbox defender case.

Sprint - All Accessories

I have used the Pro-Clip series of mounts for years and the adjustable one works just fine with the Otterbox Defender.

HTC EVO 4G LTE (Sprint) - Adjustable Holder with Tilt Swivel

One thing to keep in mind with the Pro-Clip set up is that it is a two part system and you will need the dash mount for your specific car.

My Otterbox Defender case is ruined, the usb tab broke off and the top outside rubber area no longer fits snug and keeps flapping. I called the company as its only been 5-1/2 months. They apologized and will send a new outer rubber piece for free under the 1 yr. warranty.:thumbup:

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    Zookeeper63 likes this.

ROM
    Stock-unrooted

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury81 View Post
    My Otterbox Defender case is ruined, the usb tab broke off and the top outside rubber area no longer fits snug and keeps flapping. I called the company as its only been 5-1/2 months. They apologized and will send a new outer rubber piece for free under the 1 yr. warranty.:thumbup:

My USB cover tore off also, they sent me TWO replacement outer skins! Otter Box rocks!
    CrackBerry Curve 9330 > BlackBerry Tour 9630 > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 4G LTE > Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Cool I hope y they send me two also,I can't believe five months it wore out on me. I'm not rough with my phone at all.

Updated: I had purchased the Seidio active combo case when I first bought my Evo 4G LTE in May. I had purchased otterbox defender day of purchase for fear I would damage it. It was on order and took 10 days. I had it sitting in box and forgot as The Seidio built tougher is growing on me now. I think I will stay with them, as the have a third shell that keeps rubber shell tight around phone.

I forgot to mention last week otterbox fulfilled their one year warranty request I made. They sent me two replacement rubber outer covers. which I think will last me at least another year. Great service kudos to them.:beer:

sent from my Evo 4G LTE using Tapatalk2