Evo Cardock and Otterbox Defender Series Case

ericj12

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
i was wondering this myself but having the otterbox and seeing pics of the car dock, i'm thinking they wont work together.

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I got the Defender case today and it doesn't look like it'll fit in the car dock. The case is just too thick to fit into the slot of the Sprint-branded car dock.

The case looks nice, but it's a little too bulky for my taste, and plus it won't fit in the car dock. So I'll be returning the case later today and wait for my Seidio case to arrive in the mail (which is taking forever, because it got shipped on May 18th).

Anyways, here are some pics of the case...

7290622168_d5b5a75ea7_b.jpg

7290622462_2e42acfe64_b.jpg

7290622678_06f2d62aaf_b.jpg

7290622560_54d09f0456_b.jpg

a22matic

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I have a simple TPU case from Diztronic on my LTE, & it fits into the car EVO LTE dock perfectly. Then again, it's not a thick case... It's what I need tho, as it slides in & out of my pocket with ease.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sh3ngLong

docangle1

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
So an Otterbox Defender-wrapped EVO LTE will fit in this mount?

As shown in the pictures above and my own personal experience it Will NOT fit. I am currently using a generic dock with the Defender, but I might return the Defender, it just makes the phone too big and heavy. I had the Defender on an iPhone and the added dim. was not that bad, but when taking an all ready large phone (even though it is light and thin) and adding more height and width just makes the phone hard to use.

I might just use a screen protector and a leather belt case. This phone minus the glossy back top, is so sexy it is a shame to hide it.

Last edited:

WeGlobal

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
As shown in the pictures above and my own personal experience it Will NOT fit. I am currently using a generic dock with the Defender, but I might return the Defender, it just makes the phone too big and heavy. I had the Defender on an iPhone and the added dim. was not that bad, but when taking an all ready large phone (even though it is light and thin) and adding more height and width just makes the phone hard to use.

Hmmmm....I really like my Defender, so it might just come down to me taking the case off when I want to mount the phone in my car. I have to make sacrifices to have both, I guess.

docangle1

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Hmmmm....I really like my Defender, so it might just come down to me taking the case off when I want to mount the phone in my car. I have to make sacrifices to have both, I guess.

Until you figure out it is PITA to remove the EVO from the Defender, ie, removing the rubber sleeve, using your finger nails to unclip the two halves(being careful not to break the clips) in order to use the Sprint Dock. When you need to put the Defender back on you need to make sure the EVO is clean and the Defender as well to avoid scratching the EVO's screen or body. To me this defeats the purpose of having a dedicated Car Dock so you can quickly dock the EVO.

docangle1

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Looks like a Dremmel might be in order lol

You would need to remove more plastic than is available. You would have holes on both sides, and would be hard to make it fit, I took the Sprint Dock apart to see if it was feasible, it is not without making an ugly mess.

smalldice

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
You can always buy the iBolt pro dock alumnia. It does fit the evo with the defender case.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt