Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default promised 25gb dropbox

Ok I can be wrong about the ammount that was promised it so far they only gave me 500mb of space. Where and how do you get the rest of space they were advertising?? Anyone having this problem??

Default Re: promised 25gb dropbox

It seems like the promised 25gb is bull. It requires you to do a bunch of stuff and invite friends etc. One thing I hate is bombarding a friends email with requests to join a stupid website.

It has to be a new account and they will send you an email on how to get the 25GB. Tou have to at least complete 5 out of 7 steps to get the extra space.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaskimo View Post
    It seems like the promised 25gb is bull. It requires you to do a bunch of stuff and invite friends etc. One thing I hate is bombarding a friends email with requests to join a stupid website.
    The invite friends email is not the one that gets you extra space. The below is what you should see in the email for the extra space.

Thanks for supercharging your HTC device with Dropbox! To claim your extra 23 GB of space, complete five steps from our Get Started guide!

Enjoy,
    - The Dropbox Team

Global Posts
    190 Global Posts

go on dropbox.com and sign in. then click get free space at the top and if a list of things to do is not on there, click view bonus space earned. you will see a list of things you can do. htc+dropbox should be on there if you logged in or signed up on your phone. i can guarantee it is not bull. you just have to take a couple steps.
    Android Connaisseur

Global Posts
    2,612 Global Posts

I just signed in and it gave me the extra space. I got 38GB now.

I had no problems getting the extra 25GB and I have an existing account. What I found triggered it as an existing owner is that I had to access DB from both my computer and my EVO LTE.

As a disclaimer, I already had done the linking to Twitter and wrote a short note about how much I liked DB and the like.

Now I have nearly 30 GB of space with DB.

The promotion is real.
    Thanked by 2:
    TheJediGoddess likes this.

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts

I didn't have to invite any friends among the steps in order to get the extra space.

Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock Galaxy S3

I read on the GS3 forums that just by signing in to Dropbox on the phone you get the 50GB space. No idea if they had to do extra steps as well.

All BS!
    That promo where you do a bunch of stuff is open for all.
    Where is the GBs promised with the EVO?
    I dont want to do a bunch of phishing stuff for them.

Anyone who complains is lazy. U get 2 gb by activating DB. Another 500mb when upload first photo. When u download it to ur computer u get even more space. The stupid things u have to do is liking it on fb or twitter. Or tell DB what u like about them. Takes less than 2 minutes n I got 26gb space. stop complaining. Ur such an infant.

Stockid, some of us are more mature than you probably are.
    The sheeple will do all of what DB wants yu to do.
    When I bought the HP touchpad, on account creation with Box, you were alloted 50GB.
    Nothing to do.
    Same with Google Drive. Did they ask you to do their Phishing for them?
    Same with Skydrive. Nothing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by ericj12 View Post
    go on dropbox.com and sign in. then click get free space at the top and if a list of things to do is not on there, click view bonus space earned. you will see a list of things you can do. htc+dropbox should be on there if you logged in or signed up on your phone. i can guarantee it is not bull. you just have to take a couple steps.
    No it is not working for me either. I created a new account from the phone. logged in from the phone, it is even uploading pictures. I logged in from the computer.

It says You've earned 250 MB! after completing all 5 steps.

I have a total of 2.8GB.

UPDATE 1: Going to un-install updates to the DB app, maybe that broke it.

Nope, still only 2.8. I tried unlinking it from the Evo and signing in again No Go.
    I cannot trigger whatever it wants for the extra space.

Oh well no big deal I guess. I have been really enjoying Google Drive anyway.

UPDATE 2: Okay in my DB act, there s a My Computers setting and my PC is listed but the one below states
    Computer name Activity
    Android N/A

There is an unlink option so i did and logged on again from the Evo. Still no go.
    Now at the bottom it does say:
    You have 1 Windows computer and 1 Android phone linked to Dropbox.

So it knows I am linked but is not seeing me log on???

So the account is not seeing that I have logged in from the Evo so this is probably why it is not working.
    No idea what else to try right now.
    Last edited by Paladin; 05-26-2012 at 05:52 PM.
    Systems Analyst by trade, drummer by desire and music lover by birth.
    A self proclaimed geek and gadget nut. ii <--Drum sticks

Aviat. If u don't like it. Don't use it. Don't complain. They promised u space for the evo. N u can get it. They didn't say u didn't have to do anything for it. I bet u even complained u had to make an account. Haha

I don't know about any of these steps. I just downloaded db app on my new EVO, logged into my existing account and got the extra 25gb immediately.

I logged in with my existing account in the initial setup and I didn't have my extra space.

I then opened the app and instantly got an email saying the space was added to my account. I now have over 25gb.

It's not bull its 23 gigs nd they send you an email with steps to go through.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Can one of you guys that received the 25GB look in your account and tell me if your Android device is listed as accessed?

Go under your name-->settings. then My Computers tab. There it lists all computers that have drop Box installed and the "Last activity."

As I mentioned before; Android just says N/A even though I am on the dropbox via the app.
    Yet my photos are being uploaded to it.
    Yet below it says:
    You have 1 Windows computer and 1 Android phone linked to Dropbox.

Weird.
    I think that is why I am not getting my space.
    Last edited by Paladin; 05-27-2012 at 02:06 PM.

Never mind, i don't care after all. I read this is only for 2 years then you get downgraded unless you sigh up for a payment account. that is understandable but i don't want to rely on that..

I think I will stick with Google drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    Never mind, i don't care after all. I read this is only for 2 years then you get downgraded unless you sigh up for a payment account. that is understandable but i don't want to rely on that..

I think I will stick with Google drive.
    It is just 2 years. I'm migrating all my stuff to GDrive, 100GB for &#163;3 a month

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Android Central Forums
    Manning the AC Euro office since 2011
    TheJediGoddess likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Devine View Post
    It is just 2 years. I'm migrating all my stuff to GDrive, 100GB for &#163;3 a month

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Android Central Forums
    25GB is nothing. I'm willing to bet when the 2years are up you will be able to keep it for free, or go up to 250GB for an extra $5/month.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    25GB is nothing. I'm willing to bet when the 2years are up you will be able to keep it for free, or go up to 250GB for an extra $5/month.
    If it worked for me I would consider it. Having multiple cloud storage is always a good thing but I just want one "main place" to access all my files. I think Google Drive is probably best for me as it contains all my Google Docs etc... It is also Google so will be supported by many apps etc...

If I can get this working I may re consider but it is not seeing that I connected even though I am uploading files(photos) to it anyway as I type this. So I have no idea.

It never hurts to have more than one cloud storage really. As long as Google Drive works for me for my main stuff DB would be a sweet second.

Global Posts
    825 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I didn't get the extra space when I first set up the EVOLTE. I did get a little extra when I first set it up to do automatic camera uploads but not the 23gb.

I went into my account on the computer and unlinked the phone, went on the phone and unliked it there too and then signed up again. Opened some folders and on my computer got notification that my space increased. Now says I have 26.2gb. The HTC space is 23gb. I alreay had 3.2gb. Here's the e-mail message I got.

Hi Nicholas,

Congrats on becoming a Dropbox Guru! We've awarded you 23 GB of bonus space for the next 24 months! You now have 26.25 GB on Dropbox. To get even more space, check out our upgrade options.

Thanks again for supercharging your HTC device with Dropbox!

Enjoy,
    - The Dropbox Team
    Last edited by NicksGarage; 05-27-2012 at 09:30 PM.
    Kyo 6035 > Kyo 7135 > Palm 800W > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVOLTE > HTC One (M8) + EVO View 4G

I've been a dropbox user for a couple of years. Had it installed on my original EVO 4G for the last year. Went through the hoops a while back with their camera upload service to get a few extra gigs.

After getting the 4G LTE, All I did was install the dropbox app and let it run a little bit. The next day, I had the 23gb without doing anything else. Received the notification email, with the line:

"Congrats on becoming a Dropbox Guru! We've awarded you 23 GB of bonus space for the next 24 months!"

Just sharing my experience. No hoops, no friend invites, just installed and voila.

Thanks Nick. God advice even though it did not work for me.
    I unlinked both the phone and PC. I uninstalled it from the PC and phone. I re-installed. My phone still says Last Activity of N/A.

Does anyone's say anything different listed there?

Anyway unless it kicks in tomorrow somehow I am still not getting this. I am assuming if it is listing the phone activity as N/A that it won't acknowledge the bonus space.

I know most have had good luck but I am only posting to somehow help anyone else with this issue. It is not a huge deal to me really but some really want it so there you go. ii
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast