EVO LTE Flashlight app?

EeJLP-

May 25, 2012
Visit site
The original EVO got a nice flashlight app in an update...

Any word on the EVO LTE getting a flashlight app? I'd like the one from the original EVO if it's compatible and won't ruin the LTE's LED or whatever.

Anyone transfer the flashlight app over from the original EVO to the LTE?
If not, what flashlight app is best and why (features, different brightness setting, etc.)?

Prepost edit:
The HTC flashlight app doesn't appear to be on Google's Play Store, but:

*go to the HTC Hub app (preinstalled on the EVO LTE)
*tap Applications
*Categories
*HTC Essentials
*Flashlight

EeJLP-

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Quick follow up...

Just noticed it doesn't have a menu button (first app I've found without it). With the original EVO's menu button, the flashlight app has options for Auto Flash (just keeps flashing on and off) and SOS (flashes 3 times, pauses, repeat - sometimes normal speed sometimes slower).

I've never used the Auto Flash or SOS.. didn't even know about them until now. Just throwing that info out there. Still a perfectly good flashlight app with 3 levels of brightness and a good look to the app itself.

hypercubexl

May 17, 2012
Visit site
There's another app called Tiny Flashlight that I am kind of digging more now, it has a lot of options for onscreen lights but it can also do pulses and even has a text box you can type into and it will flash the morse code for you.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g-lte/176439-no-flashlight.html

Interestingly, this is not working for me. I created an account and verified it as it required. I am able to sign into the account on my desktop. But when I do the above, and click on "DOWNLOAD", it greys out the button for a second, than ungreys, doing nothing. No notifications, no app installed, no messages or anything. I tried rebooting the phone.... same thing.

Many other people reporting the same thing

Sim-X

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for this is well, kinda hidden in there. I checked the HUB before searching but I guess I didn't look good enough. Won't download though, having same problem as crxssi. WTF htc why wouldn't you pre-load this?

cr33p

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g-lte/176439-no-flashlight.html

Interestingly, this is not working for me. I created an account and verified it as it required. I am able to sign into the account on my desktop. But when I do the above, and click on "DOWNLOAD", it greys out the button for a second, than ungreys, doing nothing. No notifications, no app installed, no messages or anything. I tried rebooting the phone.... same thing.

Many other people reporting the same thing

I have the same problem as well, what gives?

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I don't like the HTC one, I use LED Light, which has a handy widget, or MotoTorch LED. You might also want to check out an app called Magnify. Great for reading small print in dark places like menus.

Reactions: Mercury81

Dissonance

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Is there a widget option for this? Right now I use TelsaLED and it has different style widgets including an ICS style widget, but if HTC has one then I'd prefer that especially if it matches the sense themed power widgets.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks