Does the EVO really have 16GB internal?

evo4gMN

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Can someone help me understand if i am missing something. If I view my storage it shows that i have 9.93GB total "Phone Storage" and 2.09GB "Internal Storage". They specs in the user guide indicate it should have 16GB. Did I get a defective phone or is the software, sense, etc, really taking up the remaining space?

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Yours is the same as the rest of our's Evo4gMN. The 16 gig is total space which is divided up into several sections. The 9.93 is what you have remaining to use...till you get a 64 gig card :)

ImNoPrince

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I think they list just what you have available. 2.09 internal for Apps , 9.93 gb for external and then I thought someone had posted it was like 3.83 for System . So it wouldn't show that as it's not available to alter unless you root. Also my 32gb SD card is only showing 29.71 and i know some systems only show what is usable so could be that as well.

Mine is showing the same as yours

evo4gMN

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
THANK YOU ALL!!! For the quick turnaround on this. I knew it was something to do with systems stuff. I am currently in a online chat with one of their support folks and they tried to tell me to check my microSD card total. Those ppl are idiotes. I have a 16GB SD card and tried to tell him it had nothing to do with what my phone is supposed to come with. It is sad that I can get a quicker reply from this great community!! I am still waiting on the sprint guy, haha. Here is what i got from him last

Frankie G: ok, there is need to investigate this thing , let me quickly check this,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy