End of June!! WTF?!?!

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Remember everyone this phone is still unknown by the general public, so when it launches it will do well. Right now we are the free advertisement for sprint.

Ice

Sent from my ECO 4G LTE using Android Central Forums

The free advertisement that shows how badly Sprint operates in the mobile phone market.

sent from Evo4G using Tapatalk 2

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
This is exactly what I have been saying all along.The people at sprint
do not know what they are doing, its why they will always be third or last in phone market.:)

yup, yup, THAT and also they DON'T discount, price match, have ridiculously long lines, unqualified sales force, poor store telephone sales service, and not to mention i once put an email on the back of my pet turtle, (Slowpoke : ) and it got to the recipient faster by crawling than sending it thru Sprint on my phone.. lol

BTC

learntall

May 19, 2011
Visit site
This is exactly what I have been saying all along.The people at sprint
do not know what they are doing, its why they will always be third or last in phone market.:)

I not saying Sprint is the one responsible. I do believe that Sprint is playing it safe but I think its because they don't have enough info not to. HTC could possibly have come up short on estimating an original amount and so didn't ship enough phones. All in all my hats off to how they handled themselves in this very unfortunate situation.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Sprint is the main sponsor of the NBA Playoffs half time show and last night during game 1 of the western conference finals they had Barkley feature the EVO LTE (granted, Ernie Johnson kept calling it the EVO Lite), but maybe this is a sign they are ready to go.

3ball

Sep 24, 2010
www.showdownpokergear.com
I pre-ordered mine at my local Sprint store on May 7. They still have no idea when they are getting my phone. Yeah, I won't be pre-ordering in-store ever again. Not happy.

dee632

May 10, 2012
Visit site
This is my first post as I am a real newbie to Android. I have an interesting story. I have been following all the comments on the HTC EVO LTE for several weeks and everyone got me excited about the phone so on Fri. I called a Walmart the carries Sprint and asked if they had the phone in stock and they told me yes. I asked them to hold it for me. Went there Fri. night but the phone they held was a different HTC (forget which one) The only reason I knew it was the wrong one was because you guys had posted pictures and I saw the red band across the back. They went underneath and brought out the box I recognized as being the EVO LTE. I tried to buy it but when the clerk got to the screen listing phones, it wasn't listed.
She called her manager who told her it couldn't be sold until it got released. I had them put my name and number on the phone and they said they would call as soon as it could be sold. I got a call yesterday saying it was ready to be picked up. I went last night and got the phone. When I got home I tried the phone but when I tried to make a call it said I was in roaming mode. I cannot connect to the internet either. I've called Sprint twice but they finally decided I had better take it to a Sprint store that has a repair center. Not sure whether I want to do that or just return it and wait for a new batch in a month or so. In the meantime I love the phone (what I've seen of it that is) The point of this missive is that I got the phone without pre-ordering or anything else. Any comments on this experience?

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
The free advertisement that shows how badly Sprint operates in the mobile phone market.

I have to admit I've been way too negative with my rants against Sprint. They have tried to fix my issues when ever I have complained.
I also live in a metro area near colleges and hospitals which could have a negative effect on the signal I receive and hopefully the LTE technology will remedy this problem. Again I was a bit unfair with my negativity,.I hope all can forgive me for actung like a spoiled child.:(
Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

imranmali3

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Sprint is the main sponsor of the NBA Playoffs half time show and last night during game 1 of the western conference finals they had Barkley feature the EVO LTE (granted, Ernie Johnson kept calling it the EVO Lite), but maybe this is a sign they are ready to go.

Charles also said that the network was too damn slow haha. That cracked me up.

skoolboi

May 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure that these TV and advertisement spots were paid for and scheduled well in advance. If anything they didn't/couldn't reschedule the spot and it just starts to create a buzz with the general public.

On another note I called several best buys today and the common consensus is that unless you pre-order somewhere you are not getting this phone anytime soon and they all seem to agree that it will be middle-late June before a national launch to the general public

At this point shipments are clearing customs individually every batch needing to be checked. Sprint is trying to get up its stock around the country as well as 3rd party retailers on top of the delay HTC still has to build these things. Leaving preorders open after the delay at customs wasn't a great Idea as that probably threw the launch off even further because of pre-order volumes.

mech1164

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
At this point shipments are clearing customs individually every batch needing to be checked. Sprint is trying to get up its stock around the country as well as 3rd party retailers on top of the delay HTC still has to build these things. Leaving preorders open after the delay at customs wasn't a great Idea as that probably threw the launch off even further because of pre-order volumes.

That's why Saturday I went into the local BB Mobile by me. I was surprised that the preorder was still on. So I did that to know i'll be getting one sooner rather than later. Now the wait begins. That and the discounts and gift cards help.:D

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
That's why Saturday I went into the local BB Mobile by me. I was surprised that the preorder was still on. So I did that to know i'll be getting one sooner rather than later. Now the wait begins. That and the discounts and gift cards help.:D

I know it sounds too simple. Everytime i called our local Best Buys these passed two weeks i just heard the, "Pre Order only" rhetoric but yesterday a saleperson said, "Would you like to Pre-Order one? if you pre order we should have it within 3 days. We've already gotten 2 pre-order shipments, as we pre order, thats how many come in"...

I've been watching this phone for myself AND my friend, i've given up on it and am going with the Samsung Note, but i sent my friend in to BB yesterday and she was assured it will be hers by Friday so i guess we'll see.

He seemed to really know what he was talking about, unlike the gabillion other ppl i talked to that never indicated "pre-ordering in the present tense was an option", everyone else i spoke with made it sound as if "you didn't pre-order, you missed the boat"....

Seems like anyone who gave Sprint 50.00 should just apply that to their bill and head over to BB because Sprint can only reserve a phone for you ONCE its been launched, whereas BB can actually order you one AND get it to you prior to launch date....

BTC

pteezay

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Charles also said that the network was too damn slow haha. That cracked me up.

I saw and heard that too. Check out this thread of the pictures. http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g-lte/176447-charles-barkley-promotes-evo-lte.html

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21