Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By NicksGarage
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Select input method always showing

Does anyone else have this showing every time they are trying something? Seems annoying to show me this every time. If there is something I could do to stop it please share
    The little keyboard icon in the top left

Default Re: Select input method always showing

Before you select the method, check off the "Make this the default" box, then make your selection.

Global Posts
    124 Global Posts

There is no check for default on mine
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Where is this default check box located. It's not in the selection on my phone.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

My only options no check boxes

Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

It's just in the status bar, not taking up any screen space. I don't know why it bothers anyone.
    Kyo 6035 > Kyo 7135 > Palm 800W > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVOLTE > HTC One (M8) + EVO View 4G
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by NicksGarage View Post
    It's just in the status bar, not taking up any screen space. I don't know why it bothers anyone.
    For the reason it's pointless to show me that after I've made my selection. It's like driving with my left blinker on after I made turn. Is it wrong to only want what I want up there? Didn't think so, go troll elsewhere. I want help not trolls

Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by BroadcastJunkie View Post
    For the reason it's pointless to show me that after I've made my selection. It's like driving with my left blinker on after I made turn. Is it wrong to only want what I want up there? Didn't think so, go troll elsewhere. I want help not trolls
    Me a troll? I don't think so. Don't be so touchy.
    Kyo 6035 > Kyo 7135 > Palm 800W > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVOLTE > HTC One (M8) + EVO View 4G
    ericj12 likes this.
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    4,042 Global Posts

Everybody chill. I've got this a lot, too with the Swiftkey 3 beta. :-/

Global Posts
    1,188 Global Posts
    ROM
    Never Stock

One of the awesome features of ICS is "Google Voice Typing." It's one of the selections in this drop down when you press the keyboard icon. This is nice to have as a toggle should you be in a situation where typing is not convenient or not possible. Having the icon there provides a quick and easy way to switch between input methods, that's all. Seems pretty convenient to me and I'd hate to see them remove this.
    -Stay thirsty my friends.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Everybody chill. I've got this a lot, too with the Swiftkey 3 beta. :-/
    I thought it was a beta issue as well. But that's with the normal market place one. As long as I'm not the only one I feel it will get fixed. Thanks for posting relative information :-)
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by NicksGarage View Post
    Me a troll? I don't think so. Don't be so touchy.
    It's not being touchy. It's I came here for help. Not forget about it who cares. Which is not worth you posting here. Thanks everyone else who share valid information

Global Posts
    2,353 Global Posts

It happens if you have anything other than just the stock ICS keyboard installed and selected for use. It's an ICS feature.

Global Posts
    190 Global Posts

it only appears when youre typing and it goes away after youre finished typing. to use your analogy, after you make the left turn, the blinker automatically turns off.

Quote Originally Posted by ericj12 View Post
    it only appears when youre typing and it goes away after youre finished typing. to use your analogy, after you make the left turn, the blinker automatically turns off.
    Pwned haha

-Sent from my US Customs Edition EVO 4G LTE-