Google Voice as my voicemail

u71n4444

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Anyone out there using GV as their main/only voicemail service.
I've been using it since they allowed it on sprint. Worked fine on
my evo3d. Now I can not get my voicemail to use GV. I've tried
installing the app and tried the manual *28(mygvnumberhere)..
and even manually changed the voice mail number to call in
option/setting on the phone. Any one have any ideas or issueslike
this. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

vipercarvett

May 11, 2012
Visit site
The sprint lady told me that google voice interfered with the new evo so they had to take it off. So i took it off my computer then took it off my phone. After that i re installed it on chrome and then linked it to my phone. my issue was text messages. dont know if this will help though

sinjed

May 29, 2012
Visit site
how did you get it working? everytime i try to set the voicemail provider to GV, it gives an error saying "failed to retreive and save current forwarding number settings." i can choose to switch anyways, but don't get any notifications for new voicemails. tried the *28(number) as well.

ZDK

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
how did you get it working? everytime i try to set the voicemail provider to GV, it gives an error saying "failed to retreive and save current forwarding number settings." i can choose to switch anyways, but don't get any notifications for new voicemails. tried the *28(number) as well.

Peace sinjed and others who may have this problem...
here is the link I used to get my GV set up 9without that Sprint Integration crap):
[Guide][ALL ROMS] Properly Set Up Google Voice For Voicemail - xda-developers

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
It used to be called voice lite before the sprint partnership but to make it really easy, download the app, on the very first screen when you open the app decline the GV sprint integration, then continue through setup making sure to select "do not use google voice for any calls. Then use sprints conditional call forwarding (the *28 number the app wants you to dial during setup) and viola. Google voice as VVM only.

ZDK

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
It used to be called voice lite before the sprint partnership but to make it really easy, download the app, on the very first screen when you open the app decline the GV sprint integration, then continue through setup making sure to select "do not use google voice for any calls. Then use sprints conditional call forwarding (the *28 number the app wants you to dial during setup) and viola. Google voice as VVM only.

Thats what i just posted from another dev...step by step

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Thats what i just posted from another dev...step by step

yeppers thats how i've used it since the closed beta days and i loooove it. You used to do the setup for lite on a computer but now it's through the app. Ironically, as much as people complain about carriers touching anything on a nexus device, when the NS4G launched on sprint people were in arms over them not including the VVM app and instead telling people to do the lite setup of voice. They cant win lol