Post some tricks you have found with the LTE

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
There are a couple of camera tricks I have found in several other posts.

- You can turn off the 20 shot cap for the rapid shot feature to make it rapid shoot forever! Inside the camera app go to Options>Continuous shooting>Limit to 20 frames = off.

- Also one of the shooting modes is Slow Motion! Press on the A in the camera app and it's the selection at the very top!

Brandito

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site

- You can turn off the 20 shot cap for the rapid shot feature to make it rapid shoot forever! Inside the camera app go to Options>Continuous shooting>Limit to 20 frames = off.

- Also one of the shooting modes is Slow Motion! Press on the A in the camera app and it's the selection at the very top!

Even with the limit off I can't seem to get more than 30 or so pictures. Must have something to do with available ram perhaps, or maybe because I'm storing to sd card.

Mobilestash

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I'll give someone a $1 if they give me a trick on how to get the following widgets on the new EVO. Footprints & Notes. Can't find them in HTC Hub or anywhere else. Thanks.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

icenija

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
The power + volume down doesn't work for me but the power + home does work for me to take screenshots.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Android Central Forums

kpeste99

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I used to be able to long press the capacitive magnifying glass on my OG EVO to bring up Google Voice Search. Where's the option on the LTE? I miss being able to talk to my phone.

Thanks!

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
My tip is to try the HDR mode in camera (use the "A" in the lower left) for indoor photos. It is not going to work for moving targets or people who can't hold still (or if YOU can't hold perfectly still)... but it will take a photo without and with the flash and then take the best elements from both to form a composite photo. It is pretty shocking how effective it can be in many situations. I have HDR on my multi-thousand-dollar DSLR setup and on that camera it doesn't do much of anything really noticeable (of course, it excels in most other areas, except for portability).

Reactions: icewater106

jeffreytz

Mayor of Awesometown
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site

Per HTC's FAQ it's not exactly unlimited - the max is 99 with Limit to 20 frames unchecked. It shoots a frame in 0.2 seconds, so that's 5 FPS, not bad for a camera phone.

XxViperNYCxX

May 9, 2011
Visit site

uscman2

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
This is already installed, it still doesn't help that you can't hold down any of the three capacitive buttons on the bottom to activate it. Where as the traditional four button layout you could just hold the search button and it popped up,

Where is the voice search app? I have the widget, but I miss the app. Does the app no longer exist on ICS?

ericj12

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
This is already installed, it still doesn't help that you can't hold down any of the three capacitive buttons on the bottom to activate it. Where as the traditional four button layout you could just hold the search button and it popped up,

oh i see it now. i never used it before so i dont miss it. but you can put the google search widget on one of your home screens. i understand that it isnt the same as a permanent button, but it's something...

Enraged Medic

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I'll be giving it a try tomorrow once I get a razor blade, hopefully that works, but the Zagg HD skin has a notch for it which makes it weird that it doesn't work.

I have the Zagg HD protector and it does have a notch cut out for the sensor. I placed mine perfectly to match the cut out with the sensor area. My screen still locks while I'm on a call and I have to hit the power button to make the screen come on to end the call. VERY ANNOYING. :mad:

kpeste99

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, I thought of that but the widget is a 1x3 or 1x4 size so it takes up a lot of real estate. Too bad it doesn't seem as easy to access as with the OG Evo

jandroshick

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
If you continuously hold down the power button for around 5 seconds, the capacitive buttons will start to blink and then the phone will restart itself, as opposed to clicking the restart button when holding down the power button. A message box will pop up stating that "if you would to restart your phone continue holding down the button" or something like that. :)

Reactions: icewater106

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87