64 GB microSD for EVO LTE

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
So if apps cant be moved to the external SD card, why would one want a 64 mb card? Just curious. Movies? music?

Yep. And also a small number of apps let you select a custom directory.

Pocket casts : video podcasts take up a lot of space!

Titanium backup : for rooted users, lets you back up full apps with their data

Hmm that's all I found so far.

Nandroid backups can also use the ext_sd directory. And those are huge!

shmoo

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
I checked. That is a class 6 card. The class 10 is still $99.

Weird, it is showing up as a Class 10 card for me. It says Class 10 in the technical details and if I zoom in on the picture, I see Class 10 printed on the packaging.

Details from Amazon:

Highest Full HD video recording performance available with class 10 rating
Ideal for Android and other smartphones and tablets
UHS-1 enabled
Transfer speeds up to 30 MB/s
Class 10 video recording performance

themuffinman

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
I am using SanDisk's 64gb class 6 card. After a few tests, minimum write speeds are 18MB/s and read speeds are 50MB/s so a class 10 is beyond over kill. But I guess it also depends on the manufacturer as well since a lot of the other companies are full of crap when it comes to specs. I have owned different brands of class 6 cards that averaged only 3MB to 5MB write speeds, so SanDisk is the way to go.

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
I am using SanDisk's 64gb class 6 card. After a few tests, minimum write speeds are 18MB/s and read speeds are 50MB/s so a class 10 is beyond over kill. But I guess it also depends on the manufacturer as well since a lot of the other companies are full of crap when it comes to specs. I have owned different brands of class 6 cards that averaged only 3MB to 5MB write speeds, so SanDisk is the way to go.

Which app are you using to test that?

With SDTools, my class 6 64GB SanDisk gets ~5.5MBps write.

themuffinman

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
I am an idiot, I just realized that the card I was testing was actually a 32gb class 10. Anyway I just ran the test on the 64gb class 6 and I am getting about 8MB/s write speed. The app I am using is called "SD Card Speed Test".

jcthorne#AC

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
are you sure? the picture of the package has class 10 on it and the in the description it says class 10. if theyre wrong they should fix it.

yes

Verifyed with Amazon CS that it was indeed a class 10 card. I ordered, will see what shows up. At least 2nd day air is free and if its wrong, so is return shipping.

SeanBlader

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Awe dang, I got a 32 gig class 10 card just specifically to put in the LTE... Out of 29.71 available it says I have 26.31 remaining. Huh. Since I have a Kindle fire to watch movies on, that makes me wonder what the heck I'd do with 55 gigs of space on a phone?

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site

jcthorne#AC

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Just a followup. The $59 card from Amazon is indeed a SanDisk Class 10 card. Recieved it last night and it formatted and works fine. Not a bad deal.

wp_815

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Just so everyone is aware...You CAN move your apps to the SD card...However, you MUST be running a rooted device to do so, and the ROM you are running must have the Apps2SD ability...