LED notifications

rcubed3r

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
One thing I love about my OG Evo is the dual LEDs for notifications. In my work environment, it is very easy for me to look at my phone to see if I missed a call, text or email. I have them set up with Light Flow with different colors for each, so I can tell at a glance what I missed.
What are the options with the new Evo LTE?

Thanx, Ron

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
One thing I love about my OG Evo is the dual LEDs for notifications. In my work environment, it is very easy for me to look at my phone to see if I missed a call, text or email. I have them set up with Light Flow with different colors for each, so I can tell at a glance what I missed.
What are the options with the new Evo LTE?

Thanx, Ron

Go to Google Play and install "Easy Reminder". It is old, but also free, and seems to be working under ICS on my Evo LTE. I have used this app for years on several phones and can't imagine like without it.

flyhighx

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Unlike the original EVO, I think the LTE only has the one LED. For anyone unfamiliar, you could have the LED that showed charging status flash for email while the second LED could flash a different color for a text message. This was great to be able to know at a glance what kind of attention you needed to give the incoming notification while on vibrate or silent. I would also like to know a way to get the LED to differentiate between an incoming e-mail vs. an incoming text. Also, while the phone is being charged, how can we get better use of the LED to show incoming texts/e-mails?

rcubed3r

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
Unlike the original EVO, I think the LTE only has the one LED. For anyone unfamiliar, you could have the LED that showed charging status flash for email while the second LED could flash a different color for a text message. This was great to be able to know at a glance what kind of attention you needed to give the incoming notification while on vibrate or silent. I would also like to know a way to get the LED to differentiate between an incoming e-mail vs. an incoming text. Also, while the phone is being charged, how can we get better use of the LED to show incoming texts/e-mails?

Exactly! I have had my LTE for less than 24 hours, and I miss the two LEDs already!
I am playing with NoLED now, but I doubt I'll keep it.

Ron

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
I work in a noisy environment and would never hear audible alerts.

Vibrate is supported. At work I always have my phone on my person. Of course, in that case, I wouldn't really miss any ring or message initially. It is mostly at home, when I take it off.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey