Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

ROM
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by jshaw49 View Post
    I'm worried about getting charged for tethering.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Android Central Forums
    I have not been charged

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

Default Re: So... foxfi works on the Evo

its works baby.....

Tried installing the .apk from the website and I get to where it asks me "Do you want to install this application?" with "Cancel" and "Install" down at the bottom... it won't even let me click "Install". Absolutely nothing happens. If I hit "Cancel" it backs out of the installation process but "Install" does nothing.

Global Posts
    1,456 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by t0mb3rt View Post
    Tried installing the .apk from the website and I get to where it asks me "Do you want to install this application?" with "Cancel" and "Install" down at the bottom... it won't even let me click "Install". Absolutely nothing happens. If I hit "Cancel" it backs out of the installation process but "Install" does nothing.
    Sounds like a problem with Package Installer. Just reboot!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by kronosqq View Post
    I'm having the same issue, what's weird is that for me it works with 3g when I first use foxfi, but when I just tried again now it's activating WiFi. Same thing happened the first time I tried foxfi last week. It's not a data and cache clearing issue as I just went into app settings and cleared all that out. Anybody having similar issues on the second use.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    Same issue here with the wifi starting when i turn on the foxfi hotspot after the first use...and when i turn off wifi, the hotspot shuts off.

Global Posts
    404 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jshaw49 View Post
    I'm worried about getting charged for tethering.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Android Central Forums
    I've used upwards of 6 gigs a month on my OG Evo without any issues...
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,383 Global Posts

FoxFi was just updated. It now fully supports WPA security on the Evo LTE! I tested it today!
    Thanked by:
    klamer 

Where can I get foxfi from id love to have it before a trip and I dont want to root yet. Can someone pm the apk to me?

Quote Originally Posted by chingwodapigu View Post
    Same issue here with the wifi starting when i turn on the foxfi hotspot after the first use...and when i turn off wifi, the hotspot shuts off.
    Alright, something weird is going on here. FoxFi worked perfectly with my Photon and Epic 4G Touch. What's the deal with HTC? I noticed they use a different / cstom version of Sprint Hotspot app, is this the issue? It seems like something was broken but there haven't been any updates to the EVO...I wonder if it will be blocked on the SGS3, I was convinced I was keeping the EVO but that may sway me.

Nevermind found the apk on page 2 works like a champ thanks!

Not sure if I've fixed the issue where foxfi just turns WiFi on or not but I seem to have found a workaround at least. I just did a full restart and it's activating now using 3G instead of WiFi. If you've been having the same issue I'd recommend trying that.

Quote Originally Posted by kronosqq View Post
    Not sure if I've fixed the issue where foxfi just turns WiFi on or not but I seem to have found a workaround at least. I just did a full restart and it's activating now using 3G instead of WiFi. If you've been having the same issue I'd recommend trying that.

Alright, well it's not a permanent fix as I just encountered the issue again (after a few hours) but the restart fix is still doing the trick for me.

So i heard about foxfi at work yesterday and i was curious so i downloaded it and have a question or two.

The device that wants to connect to my evo, does that particular device need to install a special plugin in order to use my phone as hotspot?

Also, what is bluetooth connection all about? b/c i see in the help that it gives me the option to connecting windows/mac/android table/ipad/etc.

thanks

people please take not, that downloading apks with the stock browser isnt always the best bet. trying using firefox dolphin chrome, just anything but stock if you have issues downloading and installing the apk
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,383 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by htc evo 4g View Post
    The device that wants to connect to my evo, does that particular device need to install a special plugin in order to use my phone as hotspot?
    Nope, it is a hotspot- that means your phone is just a WiFi access point.

Also, what is bluetooth connection all about? b/c i see in the help that it gives me the option to connecting windows/mac/android table/ipad/etc.
    That is an option to use bluetooth instead of WiFi. Not sure if that works, never bothered to test it. Since all devices will work with the WiFi and it is easy, that is the ticket.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    257 Global Posts

Thank you to crxssi for pointing this out to me!! I am a newcomer to Android from WebOS and was very much missing the ability to tether my Touchpad at work!! Yippee!

Anyone tried foxfi with the new OTA Update that just came out to confirm that it still works? Would hate to install the OTA Update and lose non-root wifi tethering.

Global Posts
    148 Global Posts

after ota update foxfi still works for me.
    Thanked by 4:

Quote Originally Posted by dagold99 View Post
    after ota update foxfi still works for me.
    can you doble check because is not working for me

Global Posts
    404 Global Posts

FWIW, FoxFi never really worked properly for me. When I first got the new Evo, my laptop could connect using FoxFi but it couldn't see my custom SSID and there was no encryption.

After it was updated and my laptop was able to connect to it with the custom SSID and password, I would never actually get access to the Internet. I've tried having Windows run troubleshooting, but it still doesn't help.

Global Posts
    568 Global Posts

Downloaded Foxfi from there website this morning plus the add on from the market tried to run my Ipod off of it and it did nothing? My Ipod connected with the phone cause I was able to see that on the screen but I couldn't connect to the internet from the ipod for some reason?

PS I was running my phone via wifi from my home router not sure if that had something to do with it?
    Palm Pre,Blackberry,HTC Evo 4g, HTC Evo LTE, Samsung Galaxy 2.10 Tablet, Samsung Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by sasha View Post
    Downloaded Foxfi from there website this morning plus the add on from the market tried to run my Ipod off of it and it did nothing? My Ipod connected with the phone cause I was able to see that on the screen but I couldn't connect to the internet from the ipod for some reason?

PS I was running my phone via wifi from my home router not sure if that had something to do with it?
    Yes take it off the router and try again

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    sasha 

Global Posts
    568 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smalldice View Post
    Yes take it off the router and try again

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Android Central Forums
    Thanks I'll try it again, it probably still won't work cause my phone is practically useless without wifi, right now I only have a 1x signal!
    Palm Pre,Blackberry,HTC Evo 4g, HTC Evo LTE, Samsung Galaxy 2.10 Tablet, Samsung Galaxy S4

Just download and Foxfi works.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast