Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree5Likes

Default Re: So... foxfi works on the Evo

I was able to install it on my original 4g Evo by installing Firefox, then using Firefox to go to and download version 1.91.3 then install it. I am getting the error about htc hotspot lock not letting wifi mode activate. Am I doing something wrong? I am on Sprint.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitechrv View Post
    I was able to install it on my original 4g Evo by installing Firefox, then using Firefox to go to and download version 1.91.3 then install it. I am getting the error about htc hotspot lock not letting wifi mode activate. Am I doing something wrong? I am on Sprint.
    I was having trouble with my evolte after update, the link you had worked to update FoxFi it works fine including the password function

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

It works fine for my lte but won't work on the wife's og evo. Gives the blocked by sprint thing and says you can use the bluetooth feature only. Never tried it so not sure if it works.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Everything working fine here after the most recent update and before on my Evo LTE

ROM
    Stock-unrooted

installed Foxfi after the update on my new LTEvo, it works for a while, then it stops transmitting and I get an error message saying a task manager or battery conservation app is shutting down the wifi I've turned off the task manager and still get random shut downs. Any ideas?
    Last edited by Zookeeper63; 09-21-2012 at 03:25 AM.
    CrackBerry Curve 9330 > BlackBerry Tour 9630 > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 4G LTE > Samsung Galaxy Note 3

The same thing is happening to me. I have the full version and it shuts down after a while with a notice about the battery conservation or a task manager may have shut wifi off. The only thing I can do is completely restart my phone. It's very annoying, did anyone find a solution for this? I also have an HTC EVO LTE.
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,211 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by djrez View Post
    The same thing is happening to me. I have the full version and it shuts down after a while with a notice about the battery conservation or a task manager may have shut wifi off. The only thing I can do is completely restart my phone. It's very annoying, did anyone find a solution for this? I also have an HTC EVO LTE.
    This is essentially a dead thread. FoxFi is broken in Jellybean. It won't work for a "while", it won't work for a "short time" either. There is no news if there will ever be a fix.

Foxfi doesn't work with jelly bean :(
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123