So... foxfi works on the Evo

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
The device that wants to connect to my evo, does that particular device need to install a special plugin in order to use my phone as hotspot?

Nope, it is a hotspot- that means your phone is just a WiFi access point.

Also, what is bluetooth connection all about? b/c i see in the help that it gives me the option to connecting windows/mac/android table/ipad/etc.

That is an option to use bluetooth instead of WiFi. Not sure if that works, never bothered to test it. Since all devices will work with the WiFi and it is easy, that is the ticket.

Reactions: htc evo 4g

teejay69

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Thank you to crxssi for pointing this out to me!! I am a newcomer to Android from WebOS and was very much missing the ability to tether my Touchpad at work!! Yippee!

chingwodapigu

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Anyone tried foxfi with the new OTA Update that just came out to confirm that it still works? Would hate to install the OTA Update and lose non-root wifi tethering.

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
FWIW, FoxFi never really worked properly for me. When I first got the new Evo, my laptop could connect using FoxFi but it couldn't see my custom SSID and there was no encryption.

After it was updated and my laptop was able to connect to it with the custom SSID and password, I would never actually get access to the Internet. I've tried having Windows run troubleshooting, but it still doesn't help.

sasha

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Downloaded Foxfi from there website this morning plus the add on from the market tried to run my Ipod off of it and it did nothing? My Ipod connected with the phone cause I was able to see that on the screen but I couldn't connect to the internet from the ipod for some reason?

PS I was running my phone via wifi from my home router not sure if that had something to do with it?

smalldice

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Downloaded Foxfi from there website this morning plus the add on from the market tried to run my Ipod off of it and it did nothing? My Ipod connected with the phone cause I was able to see that on the screen but I couldn't connect to the internet from the ipod for some reason?

PS I was running my phone via wifi from my home router not sure if that had something to do with it?
Yes take it off the router and try again

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: sasha

sasha

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Yes take it off the router and try again

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Android Central Forums

Thanks I'll try it again, it probably still won't work cause my phone is practically useless without wifi, right now I only have a 1x signal! :'(

Hitechrv

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
I was able to install it on my original 4g Evo by installing Firefox, then using Firefox to go to FoxFi Installer and download version 1.91.3 then install it. I am getting the error about htc hotspot lock not letting wifi mode activate. Am I doing something wrong? I am on Sprint.

adventure95004

May 16, 2012
Visit site
I was able to install it on my original 4g Evo by installing Firefox, then using Firefox to go to FoxFi Installer and download version 1.91.3 then install it. I am getting the error about htc hotspot lock not letting wifi mode activate. Am I doing something wrong? I am on Sprint.

I was having trouble with my evolte after update, the link you had worked to update FoxFi it works fine including the password function

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site
It works fine for my lte but won't work on the wife's og evo. Gives the blocked by sprint thing and says you can use the bluetooth feature only. Never tried it so not sure if it works.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Zookeeper63

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
installed Foxfi after the update on my new LTEvo, it works for a while, then it stops transmitting and I get an error message saying a task manager or battery conservation app is shutting down the wifi I've turned off the task manager and still get random shut downs. Any ideas?

Last edited:

djrez

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
The same thing is happening to me. I have the full version and it shuts down after a while with a notice about the battery conservation or a task manager may have shut wifi off. The only thing I can do is completely restart my phone. It's very annoying, did anyone find a solution for this? I also have an HTC EVO LTE.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
The same thing is happening to me. I have the full version and it shuts down after a while with a notice about the battery conservation or a task manager may have shut wifi off. The only thing I can do is completely restart my phone. It's very annoying, did anyone find a solution for this? I also have an HTC EVO LTE.

This is essentially a dead thread. FoxFi is broken in Jellybean. It won't work for a "while", it won't work for a "short time" either. There is no news if there will ever be a fix.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g-lte/234797-foxfi-doesnt-work-jelly-bean.html