An update shouldn't keep foxfi from working. I have it on my Epic 4G Touch and it works fine. I also have the apk file on my Google Drive so I can install it without sprint blocking it in the market.
Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
I tried to download it from Google Play, and it didn't show up. Then I downloaded the version from the web for Sprint phones, and the updated version worked, but with very limited data. Something like a limit of 186 MB for the app. The older version wasn't limited.
I am not sure if this is because I downloaded it before it was blocked, but all I have to do is google search "foxfi" from my phones browser and click on the google play link and it opens google play and downloads no problem.
AndroidAP is the default name for tethering in AOSP ICS. I am assuming HTC left this functionality in the phone but took away the ability to access it, and foxfi is accessing this hidden function... This is of course a complete hunch with nothing concrete to back it up. Makes sense to me though.
just downloaded the apk and installed it without a hitch! as for the security issues mentioned, how/why is there an issue if the app or the addition of the foxfi add-on in the play store lets you use wpa2 password protection for your connection in addition to being able to change the name of your hotspot?
Im getting the same message too, tried two version, like the 1.90 with the same results for each... maybe i missed the flight :-(
WFM... I updated to 1.90 today and tried it. Still works as before--Regardless of what SSID and password I enter for FoxFi, my computer only sees "AndroidAP" as the SSID, with no security encryption enabled.
Downloaded it and when I turn on WiFi hotspot it turns on my WiFi and uses that.
Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
I'm having the same issue, what's weird is that for me it works with 3g when I first use foxfi, but when I just tried again now it's activating WiFi. Same thing happened the first time I tried foxfi last week. It's not a data and cache clearing issue as I just went into app settings and cleared all that out. Anybody having similar issues on the second use.