Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TonyLibations
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    404 Global Posts

Default Facebook app upload issue

I'm not sure if this is an ICS-specific or an HTC-specific, but the official Facebook app have always had issues, so I guess this is just another one to add to the list.

The issue: If I use the phone's Gallery, and choose to share photos with the official Facebook app, for each file that I chose to upload, it shows up twice in the progress bar, and after each photo is uploaded properly, there is still an associating upload progress bar that's stuck at 0%, and there is no option to cancel or clear the progress bar(s).

Anyone else notice this? When this first happened, I was trying to upload multiple pictures, and thought there was something wrong with Sprint's network.

So far, I've found two ways to clear these bogus progress bars:
    1. Reboot the phone
    2. Delete Facebook's app data

Also, I found at least two ways to get around this issue:
    1. Upload pictures by opening the Facebook app, then choosing a picture from the gallery or take a new picture.
    2. Upload the pictures using Facebook for HTC Sense instead of the official Facebook app. Upside is that people can be properly tagged and multiple photos can be sent in one batch. Downside is that the location where the photos were taken cannot be specified.

Hopefully Facebook will fix this bug soon. But it's Facebook, so that's probably not going to happen.
    Thanked by:
    heyyu 

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'm not sure if this is an ICS-specific or an HTC-specific, but the official Facebook app have always had issues, so I guess this is just another one to add to the list.

The issue: If I use the phone's Gallery, and choose to share photos with the official Facebook app, for each file that I chose to upload, it shows up twice in the progress bar, and after each photo is uploaded properly, there is still an associating upload progress bar that's stuck at 0%, and there is no option to cancel or clear the progress bar(s).

Anyone else notice this? When this first happened, I was trying to upload multiple pictures, and thought there was something wrong with Sprint's network.

So far, I've found two ways to clear these bogus progress bars:
    1. Reboot the phone
    2. Delete Facebook's app data

Also, I found at least two ways to get around this issue:
    1. Upload pictures by opening the Facebook app, then choosing a picture from the gallery or take a new picture.
    2. Upload the pictures using Facebook for HTC Sense instead of the official Facebook app. Upside is that people can be properly tagged and multiple photos can be sent in one batch. Downside is that the location where the photos were taken cannot be specified.

Hopefully Facebook will fix this bug soon. But it's Facebook, so that's probably not going to happen.
    This is strange. This happens my wife's phone but not mine.

There is another way together rid of it though, just force close the Facebook app, no need to clear the cache.
    Thanked by 2:
    Glennwipeout 

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    ROM
    Synergy RC1

Default Re: Facebook app upload issue

Happens on my phone, too. Nice to know there's a fix that doesn't involve rebooting the phone.

It happened with mine as well. It let me choose uninstall(even though it's bloatware), I then restarted, opened Google Play, found Facebook and hit update which fixed the problem. I think it somehow had a duplicate facebook app, but an older version.
    Last edited by RunOfLuck; 05-29-2012 at 10:50 AM.
    Thanked by:
    Glenn 
    Topgonzo likes this.

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 10

I upload using Facebook For HTC Sense, the uploads go through the whole process and confirm finished, but then the photos never show up in the album on Facebook.

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts

I've got the same issues. Thanks for the suggested fixes.

I've had this problem too. So now I just use FB for sense
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    404 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RunOfLuck View Post
    It happened with mine as well. It let me choose uninstall(even though it's bloatware), I then restarted, opened Google Play, found Facebook and hit update which fixed the problem. I think it somehow had a duplicate facebook app, but an older version.
    Thanks, I'll give this a try and see if it fixes the issue.

Global Posts
    886 Global Posts

Same issue, trying the fix now...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    ROM
    MeanROM

It's happened to me as well. Very annoying.

I've thought about just uploading using facebook for sense, but it seems to only give you the option of tagging/captioning pictures and putting them straight into an album. Often I want to post a picture to my wall with commentary (which is different than captioning I believe. Captions you can only see once you've clicked on the picture, where as normal text would appear in the body of the post containing the picture). Can anyone tell me if this is true or if I'm just mistaken?
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    404 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shadnic View Post
    It's happened to me as well. Very annoying.

I've thought about just uploading using facebook for sense, but it seems to only give you the option of tagging/captioning pictures and putting them straight into an album. Often I want to post a picture to my wall with commentary (which is different than captioning I believe. Captions you can only see once you've clicked on the picture, where as normal text would appear in the body of the post containing the picture). Can anyone tell me if this is true or if I'm just mistaken?
    Depends on if you've been switched over to timeline or not.

Does anyone know where Facebook posts are stored on the HTC EVO 4G? I uploaded a photo with text, but it never showed up on FB. Is the posting stored somewhere that I could retrieve it?