1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

Default Does HTC LTE support Media Access Protocol bluetooth function?

or MAP? I have a car that can read back e-mails but it requires this piece of software. The original HTC Evo does not have this. From what I understand one has to go into settings, tap on wireless and network and go to bluetooth. You turn on bluetooth, then pair with the bluetooth device. After the devices have been paired, tap on menu, go to advanced and from here you can enable message access. I don't yet have the LTE phone, but would appreciate it if someone could confirm the phone has this function. I e-mailed Sprint and HTC about this function, Sprint said it did not have it, HTC said it did! Thanks, in advance, for checking!

Global Posts
    199 Global Posts

Default Re: Does HTC LTE support Media Access Protocol bluetooth function

Yes, message access is there on the device under Advanced as you said.

I was wondering what to do with it actually so sounds like the headset or the reciever should have something additional too?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

Default Re: Does HTC LTE support Media Access Protocol bluetooth function

Thanks for checking...glad it has it. I think the car has some software that would enable this function. From what I have heard as a e-mail arrives on the phone the car actually reads it to you. Plus, there are some standard replies you can program in to send from the car. The car is a 2013 Lexus GS350.

Default Re: Does HTC Evo 4g support Media Access Protocol bluetooth function?

HTC, Splint and SIG are wading into deep water, with three legs of a cow about to be pulled into the waters were a massive number of Acura/Honda Gators are swimming.
    How hard is this ? Talk started late 2011 and no movement on this. What about CUSTOMER CARE ? The Honda site HondaLink says this should work. I don't see Honda
    dropping the ball (ala Pittsburgh at Cleveland : 8X turnovers, the only way Cleveland ever beats Pittsburgh). But all HTC phones list to have the SMS text feature "YES".

Default Re: Does HTC Evo 4g support Media Access Protocol bluetooth function?

BLAH BLAH BLAH....The Rent is still TOO DAMN HIGH!!!!!!