Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 10

Default Re: Here is how to turn that camera shutter sound off.

Quote Originally Posted by KahneFan View Post
    This is what I use on my Photon. I have not tested it on my Wife's EVOLTE though...

Install it, open it and check the box. Done.
    Thanks for this, I'm going to give it a whirl. When I used the EVO View 4G, I hated that you couldn't turn off the shutter sound. And as I recall, silencing the device didn't make a difference either. For some reason shutter sounds just irritate me to no end, and I don't like having them on.

Tasker sounds extremely handy, though I'd have to develop a decent set of uses for it before I bought it.

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 10

And only because I was marginally skeptical when I downloaded the APK, Enforced Stream Silencer successfully turned off the shutter sound, and my other sounds are still active.

I tried this on the Samsung Galaxy Note - 4.04. Android update - and unfortunately it doesn't appear to work. Your instructions are pretty straight forward.

And oddly Tasker seems to indicate "No active profiles" - even though the "Camera Silence" is ticked all green etc?

Edit: Oh. It works! Turned the On/Off a few times. And it initially became "Active" then "Inactive" because the camera operation is "Event Based"? (Read that on another forum - sounds quite posh, but sensible?)

In short - this works on a Samsung Galaxy Note updated to 4.04 Android software. Good job. Thanks for posting this. I take a LOT of photos on my camera, and didn't want to install other "spy camera" type software which don't appear to have as good a resolution etc as the camera software on the Samsung phone.

Paul
    Last edited by send2paul; 08-27-2012 at 10:01 AM.

i've doone all these steps, and it isn't working ;(

ROM
    Arctic HD

If your rooted you can just use a root browser to navigate to the sound file and rename it to whatever it is .Bak and it will work

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS

Can't seem to get it to work on evo 3d....keeps saying "no active profile"...tried clicking on and off....only says "active" for about a sec then back to "no active profile".

Tasker doesn't work on the Sprint Galaxy S2. First, let me say $6 isn't a lot of money to get rid of that annoying shutter click. So I purchased the app thinking it would resolve this issue.

Secondly, anyone with this version of this phone knows it doesn't matter if your phone is in silent or vibrate mode, you still get the shutter click. What this app does is send the phone into silent mode, but it doesn't silence the shutter sound. I bought this app for this specific purpose. Tasker is useless to me. Now, if I could only figure out how to get a refund...

You can save yourself a whole lot of trouble and just set the phone to "silent". The shutter sound does not go off then. Yes, this does work and I even tested it before I submitted a response.
    PittsPgh likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CountryDevil View Post
    You can save yourself a whole lot of trouble and just set the phone to "silent". The shutter sound does not go off then. Yes, this does work and I even tested it before I submitted a response.
    Works for me every time.
    Tony Anderson
    Jacksonville, FL
    @TonyLibations <---For the Twitterin'

Hi Paladin

May i know how to find the Tasker folder?
    PS: I have already downloaded the wifi file explorer but could not find the Tasker folder.

Pls help!
    TQ

Sometimes the best solutions are the easiest. :lol
    Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

Do you have Tasker installed?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

I tried this but it did not work...any suggestions?

Sprint Samsung Galaxy Sii

Tried this but it did not work - any suggestions? Thank you

Sprint Samsung Galaxy Sii

Can anyone confirm that this works after the Jelly Bean update? That shutter sound drives me kinda nuts...
    "Paint to live. Live to paint."

Quote Originally Posted by taniapomales View Post
    Can anyone confirm that this works after the Jelly Bean update? That shutter sound drives me kinda nuts...
    Unfortunately, it doesn't work anymore.

Simply press the volume rocker button down to silent.

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Simply press the volume rocker button down to silent.
    That doesn't help. Silent or vibrate don't help.
    Sent from my blah-blah-blah using blah-blah-blah.

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts

Doesn't work on mine.
    Sent from my blah-blah-blah using blah-blah-blah.

Well, I guess I'll hate my camera now. Awesome. It was my favorite feature, and now I can't stand it. It's louder than my "real" camera.

Workaround for shutter sound... Plug in your headphones. For now, it will suffice. Not really very practical though...

This kills the shutter sound. Pretty happy about this fix for right now. Some members in the forum suggested cutting the cord and leaving only the plug. Great idea

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Here is how to turn that camera shutter sound off.-uploadfromtaptalk1355618545766.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    Jerry Hildenbrand likes this.

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts

Tasker is the best $7 you'll ever spend. But it does have a steep learning curve, and my own knowledge there is pretty basic. Still, if you live in a state that has a lot of severe weather, it's pretty slick to be able to set up Tasker so that whenever you receive a text from a specific sender that your area is under a watch/warning, Tasker will automatically for me play the Golden Earring snippet "we've got a thing that's called radar love" then automatically launch the Pykl3 radar app, then also launch my favorite scanner app tuned to the local storm chasers. Fun stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    I understand. It is not for everyone but to me it is worth every cent. Once you start setting it up it gets addicting wanting to make your phone do all kinds of things.

I am not even an expert by any means. I have just touched the surface of everything you can do with it. There is very good support for it and lots of code you can download that others have created.

I have nothing to do with it aside from being a fan. ii

I also buy a lot of Android software and I personally do not feel $7 is much considering what else you can blow money on. Hell that is not even the price of one movie ticket and that is just 2 hours of entertainment. I can get years of fun and usefulness out of Tasker.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #49  

Quote Originally Posted by cmccain View Post
    Tasker doesn't work on the Sprint Galaxy S2. First, let me say $6 isn't a lot of money to get rid of that annoying shutter click. So I purchased the app thinking it would resolve this issue.

Secondly, anyone with this version of this phone knows it doesn't matter if your phone is in silent or vibrate mode, you still get the shutter click. What this app does is send the phone into silent mode, but it doesn't silence the shutter sound. I bought this app for this specific purpose. Tasker is useless to me. Now, if I could only figure out how to get a refund...
    Sorry for the late response but I have been busy. First my solution is not an app. Tasker is the app. I just used it to automatically silence the phone when you launch the camera.
    A few people said just silence the phone.. Well DA! ii This just does it for you automatically so you don't have to always remember to do so.
    I have no idea if the shutter sound works on silent after any updates, I have not updated my phone so... I cannot see why it would not work. Silence mode should silence the entire phone otherwise why have it?

Second as far as I know Tasker works fine with the S2 but this is an Evo LTE forum so if it does not work for you go ask in those forums. I only tested it on my phone. ii

EDIT:
    Tasker now has the ability to export a task as an .apk file to install. I have done this so if anyone wants a simple .apk file to install that simply does what I originally posted, let me know.
    Last edited by Paladin; 01-10-2013 at 03:16 PM.
    Systems Analyst by trade, drummer by desire and music lover by birth.
    A self proclaimed geek and gadget nut. ii <--Drum sticks

You can also download Camera JB+. It has the option to turn the ringer off if you please.
    WHO DAT?!?!?!
    THIS IS NEW ORLEANS!!!!! - DREW BREES
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast