Here is how to turn that camera shutter sound off.

taniabonita52

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Well, I guess I'll hate my camera now. Awesome. It was my favorite feature, and now I can't stand it. It's louder than my "real" camera.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

taniabonita52

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Workaround for shutter sound... Plug in your headphones. For now, it will suffice. Not really very practical though...

taniabonita52

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
This kills the shutter sound. Pretty happy about this fix for right now. Some members in the forum suggested cutting the cord and leaving only the plug. Great idea :D

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355618545766.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355618545766.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 62

w5cyc

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Tasker is the best $7 you'll ever spend. But it does have a steep learning curve, and my own knowledge there is pretty basic. Still, if you live in a state that has a lot of severe weather, it's pretty slick to be able to set up Tasker so that whenever you receive a text from a specific sender that your area is under a watch/warning, Tasker will automatically for me play the Golden Earring snippet "we've got a thing that's called radar love" then automatically launch the Pykl3 radar app, then also launch my favorite scanner app tuned to the local storm chasers. Fun stuff.
I understand. It is not for everyone but to me it is worth every cent. Once you start setting it up it gets addicting wanting to make your phone do all kinds of things.

I am not even an expert by any means. I have just touched the surface of everything you can do with it. There is very good support for it and lots of code you can download that others have created.

I have nothing to do with it aside from being a fan. i:)i

I also buy a lot of Android software and I personally do not feel $7 is much considering what else you can blow money on. Hell that is not even the price of one movie ticket and that is just 2 hours of entertainment. I can get years of fun and usefulness out of Tasker.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Tasker doesn't work on the Sprint Galaxy S2. First, let me say $6 isn't a lot of money to get rid of that annoying shutter click. So I purchased the app thinking it would resolve this issue.

Secondly, anyone with this version of this phone knows it doesn't matter if your phone is in silent or vibrate mode, you still get the shutter click. What this app does is send the phone into silent mode, but it doesn't silence the shutter sound. I bought this app for this specific purpose. Tasker is useless to me. Now, if I could only figure out how to get a refund...

Sorry for the late response but I have been busy. First my solution is not an app. Tasker is the app. I just used it to automatically silence the phone when you launch the camera.
A few people said just silence the phone.. Well DA! i:)i This just does it for you automatically so you don't have to always remember to do so.
I have no idea if the shutter sound works on silent after any updates, I have not updated my phone so... I cannot see why it would not work. Silence mode should silence the entire phone otherwise why have it?

Second as far as I know Tasker works fine with the S2 but this is an Evo LTE forum so if it does not work for you go ask in those forums. I only tested it on my phone. i:)i

EDIT:
Tasker now has the ability to export a task as an .apk file to install. I have done this so if anyone wants a simple .apk file to install that simply does what I originally posted, let me know.

Last edited:

justmar

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
So it appears that many phone models have now removed the ability to silence the camera shutter as of the android update a couple months back (jelly bean?) . It still has an annoying loud click even when phone is in silent mode. Totally stupid. I have an Evo 4g on Sprint and HTC Evo V 4g on Virgin Mobile (Sprint network). Same with both. I thought I had found the solution here in this thread but it sounds like this Tasker trick only worked before the update. So, does anyone else know of a solution that works now, without rooting the phone?

Garras Porgratix

May 8, 2015
Visit site
I also buy a lot of Android software and I personally do not feel $7 is much considering what else you can blow money on. Hell that is not even the price of one movie ticket and that is just 2 hours of entertainment. I can get years of fun and usefulness out of Tasker.

Yeah....the 'thing' is that you could have mentioned I t is not free instead of getting his hopes up only to be disappointed by a price tag.