05-08-2015 08:30 AM
54 123
tools
    So it appears that many phone models have now removed the ability to silence the camera shutter as of the android update a couple months back (jelly bean?) . It still has an annoying loud click even when phone is in silent mode. Totally stupid. I have an Evo 4g on Sprint and HTC Evo V 4g on Virgin Mobile (Sprint network). Same with both. I thought I had found the solution here in this thread but it sounds like this Tasker trick only worked before the update. So, does anyone else know of a solution that works now, without rooting the phone?
    04-03-2013 11:58 PM
    Last evo lte update gave option to silence the shutter sound

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums
    balansboy likes this.
    04-04-2013 12:45 AM
    Is it ok if I instaled the Tasker App Factory does it have the same options for the camera sounds?
    04-17-2013 12:28 PM

I also buy a lot of Android software and I personally do not feel $7 is much considering what else you can blow money on. Hell that is not even the price of one movie ticket and that is just 2 hours of entertainment. I can get years of fun and usefulness out of Tasker.

Yeah....the 'thing' is that you could have mentioned I t is not free instead of getting his hopes up only to be disappointed by a price tag.
    05-08-2015 08:30 AM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD