Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    ROM
    MYN's rls 5

Default Anyone in Jacksonville ,Florida have an EVO 4G LTE ?

Anyone in or around Jacksonville , Florida have a new EVO 4G LTE and try out the $G to see if it is working already ? I know when I bought mylaunch day OG EVO WiMax wasup a running before it was officially announced , so I am curious.

Default Re: Anyone in Jacksonville ,Florida have an EVO 4G LTE ?

I am in Jacksonville, just turned on LTE radio, no dice, only 3G speeds...

I have one in Jax also. Surprisingly, I'm content with our 3g for now. Especially since it's not a battery hog.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    ROM
    MYN's rls 5

Thanks for the replys . What side of town do y'all live ? Just curious if different parts of town hadbeen checked out ?

yup, got one last Thursday. Work in Jax and live in St Aug. No 4G either place yet. But had it both places before it was annoced last time. So i expect it to be turned on in the near future.

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts

Jax isn't scheduled for 4G LTE until 2nd round rollout later in the year. I'm content with my 3G speeds for now anyway but looking forward to turning on LTE. FTR neither Sprint nor BestBuy over here on the Southside have the Evo LTE in stock because everyone was asking to see my phone when I went by there the other day to look at accessories.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    ROM
    MYN's rls 5

Yes I also have read on S4GRU about it being in the 2nd round , but I have also read a tal person over at XDA talk about the Jax area being almost done , and thatwasfrom back in January. I'll have to Google the articles again .Although another possibilty is Sprint not allowing access at the moment , I have read about that being the case in some places.

oh wow cool. There's some Jacksonville residents here. Mandarin here!

Quote Originally Posted by yocubed View Post
    Jax isn't scheduled for 4G LTE until 2nd round rollout later in the year. I'm content with my 3G speeds for now anyway but looking forward to turning on LTE. FTR neither Sprint nor BestBuy over here on the Southside have the Evo LTE in stock because everyone was asking to see my phone when I went by there the other day to look at accessories.
    Have you tried the Radioshack at the Avenues Mall?

Quote Originally Posted by yocubed View Post
    I had the same experience at the Sprint in the Town Center. Not so much Best Buy. But they were slammed since it was a holiday after a storm. Speaking of which, I hope you all faired well.

I'm in Jacksonville with the evo LTE I haven't gotten an LTE signal yet but I know of one site that looks like a NV site
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    ROM
    MYN's rls 5

What site would that be ?

A site that off of i95 and Dunn ave by the gate gas station and waffle house. IM not 100% sure but it looks like a NV site.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    ROM
    MYN's rls 5

Cool I will have to check it out ! I work right down the road from there right next to the brewery , I work for the CSX .... i know , I know, Damn trains.. I hear it all day... I know there is a tower in turtle creek that is a Sprint tower , didn't notice there was one by the gate that was a Sprint one..

Quote Originally Posted by 27scoob View Post
    Cool I will have to check it out ! I work right down the road from there right next to the brewery , I work for the CSX .... i know , I know, Damn trains.. I hear it all day... I know there is a tower in turtle creek that is a Sprint tower , didn't notice there was one by the gate that was a Sprint one..
    Lol. I work in the hotel industry, we love CSX!

ROM
    Stock

I know that there's a guy somewhere near Pensacola who has one. I think he's supposed to be reviewing it for some website.......

Anyone....... anyone.......

Phil!

Sent from my PG86100 using Android Central Forums
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    ROM
    MYN's rls 5

Quote Originally Posted by BigDinCA View Post
    I know that there's a guy somewhere near Pensacola who has one. I think he's supposed to be reviewing it for some website.......

Anyone....... anyone.......

Phil!

Sent from my PG86100 using Android Central Forums
    Nice one !!!

Nice to see some Jacksonville people on the site! i too got the phone last thurs from BB. No LTE just 3G for me too! Im in Arlington.

Orange Park here... 3g only.

WestsideI/ Orange park...
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    ROM
    MYN's rls 5

I split my time between the westside / Crystal Springs area and Orange Park . Of course I work on the Northside , I'm all over this place...

I'm going to Flagler and wimax is horrible here at the school but as soon as you get on US 1 I'll get awesome 4g with my 3d. Hopefully LTE will be able to reach downtown st aug! Just waiting on my new EVO!
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    ROM
    MYN's rls 5

I get great Wimax in O.P , but I can also fine a fast WiFi spot also.. on the westside at the gf's house it is off the charts... I pickup an okay Wimax signal on the northside but it drops out quite a bit..

I grew up in Orange Park - an original Lakeside Laker "Klien Kid". I still get chuckles when here in Atlanta I see "Pray for me - I drive on Blanding Blvd." bumper stickers...

Eric "GuitarEC"

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    ROM
    MYN's rls 5

Red Oak Circle East .....transplanted from the northside.. go figure...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast