Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

There are many tests and reviews using standard color charts that show an IPS screen to be more color accurate than the over saturated AMOLED/SAMOLED screen. This photographer prefers the color accuracy and sharpness of the IPS screen.
    Last edited by TraderGary; 06-24-2012 at 09:24 AM.
    Thanked by:
    jfm 
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,208 Global Posts

Default Re: Evo 4g lte or samsung galaxy s3

Quote Originally Posted by TraderGary View Post
    There are many tests and reviews using standard color charts that show an IPS screen to be more color accurate than the over saturated AMOLED/SAMOLED screen. This photographer prefers the color accuracy and sharpness of the IPS screen.
    I have not seen a single review or article that shows the SIII's screen is as good or better than the Evo LTE/One X in ANY criteria (sharpness, brightness, contrast, color, anything). Quite the opposite. Almost all of them say the IPS screen is significantly better in *every* respect. I admit I have not seen them side-by-side, but many are reviewers that I trust, and I have seen blowup photographs of the actual screens and from what I can tell, I agree.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
    Thanked by 2:

I agree as well, although my reference is to the sg2 screen. Looking at the amoled or samoled screens, the color just seems to bleed/pour out of it.

Looking at my evolte it just seems like the colors are more true to life. The clarity is fantastic and its a delight to look at.

That said...I still love the fact that we can argue and compare these two great devices. Sprint has brought us some great choices and while i like the htc evo lte, the gs3 is a great alternative for people who may not dig htc the way i do.

Bottom line i think that htc makes Samsung better and Samsung makes htc better because they force each other to push for greatness in a phone. So whether you choose htc or Samsung i think you'll get a awesome phone. jmo
    Thanked by 3:
    crxssi, Jaggrey and odice4 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ffejjj View Post
    I agree as well, although my reference is to the sg2 screen. Looking at the amoled or samoled screens, the color just seems to bleed/pour out of it.

Looking at my evolte it just seems like the colors are more true to life. The clarity is fantastic and its a delight to look at.

That said...I still love the fact that we can argue and compare these two great devices. Sprint has brought us some great choices and while i like the htc evo lte, the gs3 is a great alternative for people who may not dig htc the way i do.

Bottom line i think that htc makes Samsung better and Samsung makes htc better because they force each other to push for greatness in a phone. So whether you choose htc or Samsung i think you'll get a awesome phone. jmo
    Well said

I'll pass on the Samsung phones since they don't even do ota updates, you need to connect to a computer Apple and Wp7 style.
    Resident Linux Fiend

ROM
    Stock Touchwiz LJC 4.1.1

Since when didn't samsung do ota? Galaxy nexus came ota. Nexus s came ota. E4gt came ota...

Sent using my MoPho-King photon

I'll choose either s3 or LTE any day over the outdated pos iPhone

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by slackerjack View Post
    Uh...you sure about that - because?

Just curious - haven't had my hands on a stateside Galaxy S 3 - but have had nothing but good experiences with the EVO LTE on wifi

Jack
    I own both phones. Side by side, evo lte has better wifi. It can pick up 4 nearby routers while my s3 sees 1 maybe 2. Signal strength greater with the evo lte. All in all, as current owner of both, the htc evo lte is better.

Hands down the lte has a better screen! This from someone who just traded in there lte for an s3. Its just unfortunate that the EVO has way to many problems that need fixing.

Quote Originally Posted by EVO28312 View Post
    Hands down the lte has a better screen! This from someone who just traded in there lte for an s3. Its just unfortunate that the EVO has way to many problems that need fixing.
    Sorry to hear you got a bad one...

from Evo4GLTE on Android Central

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

Haven't read all the way through it but this thread seems like a love fest... This is the best screen I've ever seen. Just came from a Galaxy nexus and this blows that out of the water. Haven't seen the S3 screens but I hope its not just a bigger version of the GN.

Quote Originally Posted by jaescott View Post
    Haven't read all the way through it but this thread seems like a love fest... This is the best screen I've ever seen. Just came from a Galaxy nexus and this blows that out of the water. Haven't seen the S3 screens but I hope its not just a bigger version of the GN.
    All in all - rates out like this. For resolution, color saturation, color correction - it's a lb. for lb better screen than the Galaxy Nexus (and the Galaxy S 2) - for brightness, white intensity and contrast - it's probably a step back from the display on the Galaxy S 2.

The Evo LTE LCD 2 screen wins in every single category and would accurately be described as a "next gen" screen - where there's some give and take with the Galaxy S 3 solution.

Again, we are talking academically - 90% of the public probably wouldn't be able to tell a difference - or articulate what the technology behind it means (despite the blog readers of the universe clammoring on about "pentile-evil."). So I personally don't think you could go wrong either way.

Jack
    crxssi and jaescott like this.

Hi every one, i started with android system with htc evo 4g and then evo 3d last year now in this year i try to upgrade for the new htc one evo 4g lte and i have for a week it is a excellent divice but i change the evo for the Galaxy s3.
    Well in the time i have the evo and the difference are:
    1.Camera and display it is better colors on display the evo and the photos too, it I put in percents like 10% better than Galaxy.
    2. Physical look i like the evo i agree with many reviews on this.
    3. System and UI I am very impress with the Galaxy when i sync the evo do a normal sync in contacts and some apps, but the G3 go farther than that sync everything even the pay apps, the evo only suggest the pay apps and upload but the galaxy sync my accounts and do all alone upload and set, and the way the UI is organize the hand writhing for message and everything is really amazing, like by far from the evo I like htc phones, but i have to be honest on this.
    4. The other specs on the phone are the new feature like the voice commands for example, 2gb of ram 4.8 display, 64gb micro sd card. I have the phone for 2 days almost and the battery it is much better, the personal recognition on any photo i have in the phone is excellent i always know the galaxy phone are good but when you have in your hands and see what is capable you can see the difference.

The Samsung galaxy have a lot of features i still working on and enjoy, i enjoy the EVO for a week and is a excellent phone but Samsung got more options. See yaa!!
    Last edited by franyadiel; 07-02-2012 at 09:37 PM. Reason: fix the statement
    Thanked by:
    odice4 
    odice4 likes this.

Global Posts
    2,208 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by franyadiel View Post
    The other specs on the phone are the new feature like the voice commands for example
    Kinda gimmiky, besides there are already free apps that do most of the same stuff.

2gb of ram
    No argument there. It is a sore point that they didn't put more memory in the Evo LTE/One X.

4.8 display
    0.1" difference on a screen this big- nobody will notice. But the display quality of the Evo LTE/One X wins hands-down.

64gb micro sd card
    You can do that on the Evo LTE

I have the phone for 2 days almost and the battery it is much better
    It shouldn't be. In theory, it should be about the same. And I have seen many posts that say they experience almost the same great battery life on the Evo LTE.

i enjoy the EVO for a week and is a excellent phone but Samsung got more options
    You mean like Beats audio? Or a kickstand? Or a metal case? Or physical camera button? Or *standard* MHL cable compatibility? Or HD-Voice?
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by franyadiel View Post
    Hi every one, i started with android system with htc evo 4g and then evo 3d last year now in this year i try to upgrade for the new htc one evo 4g lte and i have for a week it is a excellent divice but i change the evo for the Galaxy s3.
    Well in the time i have the evo and the difference are:
    1.Camera and display it is better colors on display the evo and the photos too, it I put in percents like 10% better than Galaxy.
    2. Physical look i like the evo i agree with many reviews on this.
    3. System and UI I am very impress with the Galaxy when i sync the evo do a normal sync in contacts and some apps, but the G3 go farther than that sync everything even the pay apps, the evo only suggest the pay apps and upload but the galaxy sync my accounts and do all alone upload and set, and the way the UI is organize the hand writhing for message and everything is really amazing, like by far from the evo I like htc phones, but i have to be honest on this.
    4. The other specs on the phone are the new feature like the voice commands for example, 2gb of ram 4.8 display, 64gb micro sd card. I have the phone for 2 days almost and the battery it is much better, the personal recognition on any photo i have in the phone is excellent i always know the galaxy phone are good but when you have in your hands and see what is capable you can see the difference.

The Samsung galaxy have a lot of features i still working on and enjoy, i enjoy the EVO for a week and is a excellent phone but Samsung got more options. See yaa!!
    What are your thoughts on the reception? I am coming from the 3D and my wife from the 4G and we both got the SG3 and we both are having major radio issues. Was thinking about switching to the Evo LTE but want to make sure it still gets the quality reception as it's predecessor. Thanks.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    4.1.2 and 4.2 stock

Quote Originally Posted by f1nzup View Post
    What are your thoughts on the reception? I am coming from the 3D and my wife from the 4G and we both got the SG3 and we both are having major radio issues. Was thinking about switching to the Evo LTE but want to make sure it still gets the quality reception as it's predecessor. Thanks.

wifi the evo lte is incredible it picks up everything but mobile network i feel until sprint is complete with upgrade both phones will have radio issues
    odice4 likes this.

Global Posts
    453 Global Posts

This is exactly why I stayed away from the S3. The reception on my EVO has been fantastic.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

Reports I've seen have the LTEVO radios on par with the original EVO 4G, and better than the 3D. From personal experience, I'd say WiFi is excellent, and GPS is very good (I haven't tested it extensively, but it works like I expect and I'm a picky SOB). 3G data and general signal are very good as well, but is highly dependent on coverage in your particular location.

I'd say exchange one of your GS3's for an EVO and have a week-long EVO vs. GS3 smackdown to see which one you want to live with for two years.

Global Posts
    287 Global Posts

Just do it. I don't know why you drank the S3 koolaid anyway. Samsung's are known for their craptastic radio's. Come back to the EVO family and you won't be disappointed.

Global Posts
    2,208 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pteezay View Post
    Just do it. I don't know why you drank the S3 koolaid anyway. Samsung's are known for their craptastic radio's. Come back to the EVO family and you won't be disappointed.
    In this case, I am a bit confused because I thought the radios were part of the S4 chipset, and both the Evo LTE and US S III use the same S4 chipset. Why would there be much difference between the two?

Of course, the amplifiers and antennas are different, as are the case designs and probably some other factors.
    Resident Linux Fiend

ROM
    Stock Touchwiz LJC 4.1.1

The s3 actually is supposed to have a better radio... But I haven't tested it out...

Sent using my MoPho-King photon

I think all of us will be having radio problems until Sprint fixes their LTE and 3G.

Sprint should have taken all the iPhone money and fixed their towers first, instead of investing so much in the iPhone.

Dan Hesse even admitted it was a bad investment. Now we all have these awesome devices that have weak reception due to poor towers

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    In this case, I am a bit confused because I thought the radios were part of the S4 chipset, and both the Evo LTE and US S III use the same S4 chipset. Why would there be much difference between the two?

Of course, the amplifiers and antennas are different, as are the case designs and probably some other factors.
    That is only for the LTE radio that's included on the chipset. All other radios I believe are still separate from the S4. I doubt there will be a difference between LTE reception between the devices once Sprint flips the switch and we can actually see them side by side.

ROM
    Blazer Rom 1.3

Quote Originally Posted by dwightshrute View Post
    That is only for the LTE radio that's included on the chipset. All other radios I believe are still separate from the S4. I doubt there will be a difference between LTE reception between the devices once Sprint flips the switch and we can actually see them side by side.
    Actually, the MSM8960 handles BOTH 3G/LTE modems, along with the Bluetooth and WiFi radios!

HTC One Glacier Silver
    ROM - TrickDroid 5.5.1

Samsung Nexus 10 - 32GB
    ROM - RootBox 4.0

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 - Titanium Grey - 32GB
    ROM - Stock, Rooted

ROM
    4.1.2 and 4.2 stock

Quote Originally Posted by 1BadHEMI View Post
    Actually, the MSM8960 handles BOTH 3G/LTE modems, along with the Bluetooth and WiFi radios!

It handles them meaning it controls them but doesn't come on board with them so if the radios are inferior then no matter how well it operates them they will still suck...I mean correct me if I am wrong
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast