Evo 4g lte or samsung galaxy s3

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Since when didn't samsung do ota? Galaxy nexus came ota. Nexus s came ota. E4gt came ota...

Sent using my MoPho-King photon

mikeinaustin

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Uh...you sure about that - because most evidence points to the EVO having a far superior wifi experience?

Just curious - haven't had my hands on a stateside Galaxy S 3 - but have had nothing but good experiences with the EVO LTE on wifi

Jack

I own both phones. Side by side, evo lte has better wifi. It can pick up 4 nearby routers while my s3 sees 1 maybe 2. Signal strength greater with the evo lte. All in all, as current owner of both, the htc evo lte is better.

EVO28312

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Hands down the lte has a better screen! This from someone who just traded in there lte for an s3. Its just unfortunate that the EVO has way to many problems that need fixing.

jaescott

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Haven't read all the way through it but this thread seems like a love fest... This is the best screen I've ever seen. Just came from a Galaxy nexus and this blows that out of the water. Haven't seen the S3 screens but I hope its not just a bigger version of the GN.

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Haven't read all the way through it but this thread seems like a love fest... This is the best screen I've ever seen. Just came from a Galaxy nexus and this blows that out of the water. Haven't seen the S3 screens but I hope its not just a bigger version of the GN.

All in all - rates out like this. For resolution, color saturation, color correction - it's a lb. for lb better screen than the Galaxy Nexus (and the Galaxy S 2) - for brightness, white intensity and contrast - it's probably a step back from the display on the Galaxy S 2.

The Evo LTE LCD 2 screen wins in every single category and would accurately be described as a "next gen" screen - where there's some give and take with the Galaxy S 3 solution.

Again, we are talking academically - 90% of the public probably wouldn't be able to tell a difference - or articulate what the technology behind it means (despite the blog readers of the universe clammoring on about "pentile-evil."). So I personally don't think you could go wrong either way.

Jack

franyadiel

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi every one, i started with android system with htc evo 4g and then evo 3d last year now in this year i try to upgrade for the new htc one evo 4g lte and i have for a week it is a excellent divice but i change the evo for the Galaxy s3.
Well in the time i have the evo and the difference are:
1.Camera and display it is better colors on display the evo and the photos too, it I put in percents like 10% better than Galaxy.
2. Physical look i like the evo i agree with many reviews on this.
3. System and UI I am very impress with the Galaxy when i sync the evo do a normal sync in contacts and some apps, but the G3 go farther than that sync everything even the pay apps, the evo only suggest the pay apps and upload but the galaxy sync my accounts and do all alone upload and set, and the way the UI is organize the hand writhing for message and everything is really amazing, like by far from the evo I like htc phones, but i have to be honest on this.
4. The other specs on the phone are the new feature like the voice commands for example, 2gb of ram 4.8 display, 64gb micro sd card. I have the phone for 2 days almost and the battery it is much better, the personal recognition on any photo i have in the phone is excellent i always know the galaxy phone are good but when you have in your hands and see what is capable you can see the difference.

The Samsung galaxy have a lot of features i still working on and enjoy, i enjoy the EVO for a week and is a excellent phone but Samsung got more options. See yaa!!

Last edited:
Reactions: odice4

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
The other specs on the phone are the new feature like the voice commands for example

Kinda gimmiky, besides there are already free apps that do most of the same stuff.

2gb of ram

No argument there. It is a sore point that they didn't put more memory in the Evo LTE/One X.

4.8 display

0.1" difference on a screen this big- nobody will notice. But the display quality of the Evo LTE/One X wins hands-down.

64gb micro sd card

You can do that on the Evo LTE

I have the phone for 2 days almost and the battery it is much better

It shouldn't be. In theory, it should be about the same. And I have seen many posts that say they experience almost the same great battery life on the Evo LTE.

i enjoy the EVO for a week and is a excellent phone but Samsung got more options

You mean like Beats audio? Or a kickstand? Or a metal case? Or physical camera button? Or *standard* MHL cable compatibility? Or HD-Voice? ;)

Reactions: malikshuman

f1nzup

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Hi every one, i started with android system with htc evo 4g and then evo 3d last year now in this year i try to upgrade for the new htc one evo 4g lte and i have for a week it is a excellent divice but i change the evo for the Galaxy s3.
Well in the time i have the evo and the difference are:
1.Camera and display it is better colors on display the evo and the photos too, it I put in percents like 10% better than Galaxy.
2. Physical look i like the evo i agree with many reviews on this.
3. System and UI I am very impress with the Galaxy when i sync the evo do a normal sync in contacts and some apps, but the G3 go farther than that sync everything even the pay apps, the evo only suggest the pay apps and upload but the galaxy sync my accounts and do all alone upload and set, and the way the UI is organize the hand writhing for message and everything is really amazing, like by far from the evo I like htc phones, but i have to be honest on this.
4. The other specs on the phone are the new feature like the voice commands for example, 2gb of ram 4.8 display, 64gb micro sd card. I have the phone for 2 days almost and the battery it is much better, the personal recognition on any photo i have in the phone is excellent i always know the galaxy phone are good but when you have in your hands and see what is capable you can see the difference.

The Samsung galaxy have a lot of features i still working on and enjoy, i enjoy the EVO for a week and is a excellent phone but Samsung got more options. See yaa!!

What are your thoughts on the reception? I am coming from the 3D and my wife from the 4G and we both got the SG3 and we both are having major radio issues. Was thinking about switching to the Evo LTE but want to make sure it still gets the quality reception as it's predecessor. Thanks.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

bigrey81

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
What are your thoughts on the reception? I am coming from the 3D and my wife from the 4G and we both got the SG3 and we both are having major radio issues. Was thinking about switching to the Evo LTE but want to make sure it still gets the quality reception as it's predecessor. Thanks.

wifi the evo lte is incredible it picks up everything but mobile network i feel until sprint is complete with upgrade both phones will have radio issues

wmurch3

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site

This is exactly why I stayed away from the S3. The reception on my EVO has been fantastic.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Reactions: FaisDogg

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site

Reports I've seen have the LTEVO radios on par with the original EVO 4G, and better than the 3D. From personal experience, I'd say WiFi is excellent, and GPS is very good (I haven't tested it extensively, but it works like I expect and I'm a picky SOB). 3G data and general signal are very good as well, but is highly dependent on coverage in your particular location.

I'd say exchange one of your GS3's for an EVO and have a week-long EVO vs. GS3 smackdown to see which one you want to live with for two years.

pteezay

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site

Just do it. I don't know why you drank the S3 koolaid anyway. Samsung's are known for their craptastic radio's. Come back to the EVO family and you won't be disappointed.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Just do it. I don't know why you drank the S3 koolaid anyway. Samsung's are known for their craptastic radio's. Come back to the EVO family and you won't be disappointed.

In this case, I am a bit confused because I thought the radios were part of the S4 chipset, and both the Evo LTE and US S III use the same S4 chipset. Why would there be much difference between the two?

Of course, the amplifiers and antennas are different, as are the case designs and probably some other factors.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
The s3 actually is supposed to have a better radio... But I haven't tested it out...

Sent using my MoPho-King photon

RyDawgBoston

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I think all of us will be having radio problems until Sprint fixes their LTE and 3G.

Sprint should have taken all the iPhone money and fixed their towers first, instead of investing so much in the iPhone.

Dan Hesse even admitted it was a bad investment. Now we all have these awesome devices that have weak reception due to poor towers

dwightshrute

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
In this case, I am a bit confused because I thought the radios were part of the S4 chipset, and both the Evo LTE and US S III use the same S4 chipset. Why would there be much difference between the two?

Of course, the amplifiers and antennas are different, as are the case designs and probably some other factors.

That is only for the LTE radio that's included on the chipset. All other radios I believe are still separate from the S4. I doubt there will be a difference between LTE reception between the devices once Sprint flips the switch and we can actually see them side by side.

1BadHEMI

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech