Otterbox cases

Feech

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
So I'm curious. i know there are alot of you guys that love your Otterbox cases and to be honest I can see why given the protection that they give. With that being said though I have to say I don't get it. My GF had one for her OG EVO and I swear it looked like she was carrying a brick around, that and the fact it made her look a little dudeish. So my question for you guys is do you keep your phone in the Otterbox full time? or do you only use it when leaving the house? Although I can clearly see the benefit of using one, I can see more drawbacks. Am i off? Tell me your thoguhts

Allocman

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
While I have not used the Otterbox cases before, I have family that have. The are on a family farm and the cases have saved them many times from destroying the phone. With the increasing deductible / costs of the phone, I feel that I would rather be safe than sorry, so I purchased an Otterbox Defender for my new HTC EVO 4G LTE phone. I plan on leaving it on all the time except to periodically clean the screen protector or as needed if I need to get to the SD card. The kickstand still seems to work well with the case on.

Not to side track this thread though, I am noticing with the Otterbox Defender case that I can't feel the vibrate as much as I would like. Is anyone aware of an app that can increase the vibrate effect?

ericj12

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
i love the rugged and industrial look of it. plus i like to keep my phone crazy protected. my htc hero still looks mint out of the box and i've had that thing for 2 1/2 years before getting the new evo. that's why i have the defender case on mine. plus im already a dude so i dont need to worry about looking dudeish. lol :cool:

Judynnnn

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I take my defender off when I'm done with the day. I have another screen protector on my EVO, so it's safe when I don't have it on at home.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

jpmciver

May 24, 2012
Visit site
I got the Otterbox Commuter Case to prevent some of the bulkiness but I am hard on phones and I use my phone for EVERYTHING (work, mp3, videos, pictures, apps, finance mgt, text, social network, etc.). I prefer protection on my phone vs. paying the sprint insurance fees (even though I am going to use the BestBuy's protection plan) Sprint's insurance cost is going to $11 in Sept :-$ per insidesprintnow.wordpress.com and best buy's is $9.99 a month for a loaner phone and faster turn around

I just want to prevent as many (if not all) scratches or niks on my phones due to my everyday use.

Safer over Sorry.

Last edited:

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
+1 for the Otter commuter case. It gives you great protection without the bulk of the Defender.

My old phone has seen many falls in that case and lived to tell the tale

WeGlobal

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I love the Defender case on my EVO LTE, but I HATE this screen protector. To make matters worse, it is already scratched up, and I don't even know how it got like that. I even tried to use the case without the screen protector, but of course it didn't fit correctly.

I'll keep the case for as long as the phone is still viewable with the screen on it, but once I can't start seeing stuff, I'm getting a new case.

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't mind giving an Otterbox case a shot, but the problem is that most accessories won't work with a case that big (if they work with a case on at all). At least with a TPU case, I'll be able to take it off easily if need be.

Waiting4MyAndroid

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I have the Commuter on my ATRIX 2 and I love it. It does not add much bulk. I have already dropped my phone a couple of times and if it weren't for the Commuter case the screen would have shattered for sure!

Sent from my ATRIX 2 using Android Central Forums

mrfett79

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I use the defender but unlike my OG Evo that had the commuter case and was always in my pocket the Evo LTE is in the included belt clip. Makes it easier to get to and less lint.

Robynsnest

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I had an otterbox with my other evo and returned it because you're right it's like a brick. I hated it . But when I looked at the otterbox for this phone I was impressed with it's slimness. I got the one that is the silicone cover then the plastic on top of that (I forget if it's defender, communter or what) and I like it. It's really not too bulky at all but does provide some stability when holding or carrying the phone. I think the phone naked is too slick and fragile feeling so I like this.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown