Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By rhodetpm
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Default EVO LTE Teardown

It looks like that non-removal battery isn't so unremovable after all.

Check out the glossy cover. You can remove it from the piece that does NFC. Very cool.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiKpHr8RLBs[/YT]
    Thanked by 7:
    grandebob, bc2k and crxssi like this.

Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: EVO LTE Teardown

Well that should resolve a lot of fears people have. Even easier to take apart than the One X, no prying on the screen.
    Kyo 6035 > Kyo 7135 > Palm 800W > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVOLTE > HTC One (M8) + EVO View 4G

Am I the only one whose fingers are suddenly itching to "try this at home?"

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

All hopes for an actual sim card inside gone

Global Posts
    363 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nasko View Post
    All hopes for an actual sim card inside gone
    I think its been pretty clear from the beginning that Sprint and Verizon were using hard wired sim cards.

Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson View Post
    I think its been pretty clear from the beginning that Sprint and Verizon were using hard wired sim cards.
    Does this thing have a GSM radio? Wouldn't that be the only reason to want to change a SIM card?
    Kyo 6035 > Kyo 7135 > Palm 800W > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVOLTE > HTC One (M8) + EVO View 4G

Global Posts
    363 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NicksGarage View Post
    Does this thing have a GSM radio? Wouldn't that be the only reason to want to change a SIM card?
    Just LTE which - my understanding anyway - Is an offshoot of GSM and requires one. But Sprint and Verizon have it integrated it into the phone/chipset/cpu or something so its not removable/transferable but I don't think that would be of much use to users on these networks anyway because even if you could remove it you still need CDMA functionality which wouldn't transfer with the SIM anyway, just the LTE portion.

lol i did this friday but i stopped when i got to the battery. I just wanted to make sure i could do it.

Saved myself loads on my og evo changing the screen myself.

God i love htc

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

verizon has sim cards. They can even work on hspa if frequencies are supported. Which makes them a great international device. I expectes sprint to have a sim, but hidden inside the phone out of reach, but no. Which sucks for someone like. Still love my phone though.

awesome vid

Very nice. Gonna do this when my battery start crapping out on me.

Just two screws really keeping it from being easily removable.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

since it easy to replace the battery do you think seidio will make a larger battery and new back

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

I'd hazard a guess that one of the biggest highlights here is that the glossy back can be easily removed from the antenna array, meaning 3rd-party replacements would be easy to swap in. Not that it would be that difficult to make a full back piece with the antennas included, but as far as production goes it makes the idea a bit more palatable, perhaps.