11-26-2012 09:30 AM
Has anyone had this problem yet,
I noticed that when I go to my text messages and hit one, it says loading, but it will be "loading" more than 30 secs or wont load at all, has anyone had this problem or heard of it and what do I need to do about it?
thanks05-30-2012 09:04 PM
- Any solution to this issue? I've got the same problem. The messages thread list shows up but getting the messages of any individual thread takes 2-3 MINUTES. It seems to be a phonebook/contacts issue because when you go into a thread it only shows the phone number digits not the contact name. If I try to start a new thread and type a contact name the auto look-up doesn't happen. Also, this lag is visible in the phone as well, go to "People" and the same "Loading..." screen sits there for 2-3 minutes.
My phone never did this initially, and seem to be happening more and more now (3-4 times per day).
No root, stock launcher. And I've tried deleting all the message threads, didn't help.
EDIT: to clarify, this is NOT the home screen loading lag.10-15-2012 04:02 PM
- I have had the same problem lately, also when I try to make a call, I press my speed dial and my phone take up a minute sometimes to start dialing the call, I have a Evo 4G lte by the way, and I too tried to reset, delete my phone to no avail. I wonder if it has anything to do with the recent update. Hopefully someone out there has a solution.10-15-2012 04:26 PM
- I have those same problems. There was a thread similar to this one in which many users mentioned that turning Facebook sync off solved their issue so you may want to try that. Didn't solve the problem on my case though as I'm one of those adamant folks who don't use Facebook...
Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 210-15-2012 05:58 PM
- I followed the directions posted below and... after 20hrs no slowness!10-16-2012 02:08 PMLike 1
Sent from my EVO LTE baby!10-17-2012 08:35 PMLike 1
- Here are some of the dedicated threads I could find quick (people enjoy starting multiple threads for the same issue)
And if you just read this one or any of the half dozen jb update threads you can read all about it
Are you having contacts related issues?
Opening a text is very slow at times, so is messages folder itself
Phone REALLY SLOW to access contacts/phone history
Is anyone having issues with their text messaging app after the update?
What has changed to cause issues?
So I guess now we have yet another contacts thread......11-26-2012 09:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD