Homescreen loading?

nicko786

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that sometimes when I press the home button, I get a loading icon and it takes a couple seconds for it to go away and let the rest of the homescreen load. Is this a problem for anyone else? Not that big a deal to me, but I'm surprised to see it happen despite it running so smoothly for everything else.

supaman791109

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
ok I got the fix....If you go into the "Developer Options" under settings. Uncheck the "don't keep activites" option. If checked this will also mess up your facebook status updating. Seems like the "loading" is happening due to the phone trying to shut down all the apps on a homescreen command. Hope this helps

bntran02

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I think it has to do with available memory. When avail. memory gets low enough it unloads Sense. I had the same problem and fixed it by removing a few widgets/livewallpapers that take up a lot of memory

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
ok I got the fix....If you go into the "Developer Options" under settings. Uncheck the "don't keep activites" option. If checked this will also mess up your facebook status updating. Seems like the "loading" is happening due to the phone trying to shut down all the apps on a homescreen command. Hope this helps

This should be unchecked by default, it will only be checked if you checked it yourself.

dskwerl

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I get this as well. I used to get it on my Evo View tablet, as well occasionally. It doesn't happen often, so I'm not overly worried about it.

mzkrnfrk

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
thank you. This is exactly what was wrong with mine. I didn't think about checking that a few days ago. Lol. Fixed it perfectly! Thanks.

mzkrnfrk

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site

Oops. Lol.....thank you. This is exactly what was wrong with mine. I didn't think about checking that a few days ago. Lol. Fixed it perfectly! Thanks.

charlesspivak1

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Not sure why you think that helped, most people's are already unchecked and still having that issue. I think as per many other threads it is due to Sense being shut down inadvertently due to memory/multitasking mishaps.

Hopefully HTC will get with the program and change some policies to make it be as it should so things like this (and the multitasking app refresh problem) don't happen so much if at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez