Receiving delayed / multiple texts, delayed Visual Voicemail

Allocman

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Starting last night, I started having issues receiving the same text message over & over, delayed visual voicemail (didn't know I had one until I got an email) & gmail mail notifications. At my home I have an Airwave and but I am still receiving the same text messages over and over again (even now that I am at work & not using WIFI or the airwave). Is anyone else having this issue?

I did have an initial issue with the phone & airwave, which I read on hear to reboot the airwave & phone + updating my PRL's (all of which I have done).

Before posting, I tried searching previous threads but did not find this listed. If I missed it, please point me to the post.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

voicemail_guy

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Sounds to me like your provisioning did not go all the way through. Go through this sequence of steps and see if that resolves your issue.

Make sure that no 3rd Party Apps are affecting Visual Voicemail. Two applications in particular, Go SMS and Handcent have been causing issues with Sprint Visual Voicemail.
  • If you have Go SMS you will need to disable the "disable other text notifications"
  • If you have Handcent, you will need to go into Handcent, press menu, settings, application settings, default messaging applications and then check "disable".
Now whether or not you have 3rd Party issues, perform these steps below

1. Go to dial pad and hit *38 Talk/Dial key to cancel any call forwarding.
  2. Power off the device and remove and replace the battery and power back on.
  3. Update profile by hitting Menu ? Settings ? System Updates ? Update profile (now try to leave yourself a Voicemail)
  4. Go into the visual voicemail application and compose a visual voicemail message (Hit Menu  Compose) of 5+ seconds and send to activate@vvm.sprint.com.
  5. Test to see if visual voicemail is working again, and if the top 4 items above do not solve the issue, I recommend you call *2 and talk to a Sprint Customer Care Representative. Typically if Visual Voicemail is not working, it?s related to the initial provisioning not getting setup properly.
For future visual voicemail support, you can go here.
Sprint Service Details

I hope this helps, and thanks for using Sprint.

Reactions: Allocman

Allocman

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
voicemail_guy - thanks for your response. Before doing this, I just by chance had the opportunity to let a call go to voicemail while here at work. it worked fine with both Visual voicemail and email arriving very close together. however, i will try this at home (where i have the airwave) and see if this resolves my issues.

Also, would you be able to check with someone in another area concerning the text message part of my issue. Again, now that I am here at work, I don't seem to be having the issue with delayed or the same text being sent multiple times.

I just want to make one note though. The HTC EVO 4G LTE DOES NOT have a removable battery, so I will only be powering on & off the device. I fully realize the steps you listed are probably "standard" response to an issue like this but you statement could confuse people.

Thanks again for responding.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khalio1234