Another Multitasking Complaint

djschmitt

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
While listening to Spotify, I get a phone call at my desk so I pause the music and take the call. My phone locks then I receive meeting reminder which pops up a notification. I hang up my call, dismiss the meeting from the lock screen which pulls up the calendar app. I get worried, back out of the calendar app, go back to Spotify and where I am in my playlist has been reset.

Is there a different process I could follow to keep apps in memory longer (use home key instead)? I know there's been a lot of discussion about how "this is working as planned" but Phil kinda mentioned in his review about the EVO LTE working a bit differently than the One X so I was hopeful I could keep at least the 2nd most recent app in memory.

Super annoying...

limitproof

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
"multitasking" is the worst on Sense.

Two annoying instances:

-Getting booted out of Maps Navigation when I go check an email. Seriously? (Driving and emailing is bad but i was at a light.. i promise)

-Playing a long unsavable stretch on Mechanarium, there's a level that takes a while but every time I get a text pop-up through GoSMS, it boots me out of the game and I have to restart

I was warming up to Sense but HTC messed it up with their "optimizations" Bring on the CM!

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
I downloaded system panel to check how much ram was being used by apps, and I was amazed at what I saw.

The HTC keyboard takes up 36MB by itself. With ~685MB available, the keyboard alone is taking up a lot of ram. I am going to try an alternate keyboard and see if I can find a leaner one.

Same issue with HTC Weather. It is using 50+MB of ram. I deleted the widget, and switched the lockscreen to the plain one, and HTC weather is no longer running on my phone.

I might also try Apex Launcher. It might use less ram.

EDIT: Just tested Swiftkey X beta, and it takes up 48MB. :(

Last edited:

anon(43926)

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
My complaint besides the wifi dropping constantly and apps uninstalling by themselfs is when I close a app that requires a login, like Facebook or instagram. Is that once it closes the phones logs me out of the app. I have to re enter my log in everytime. And people told me to pick this over a Sammy cuz Samsung phones where buggy pieces of . Hmmmmm.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I use several apps with log in and they stay available after I reopen them. It must be your setting.

sent from my Evo4LTE

Nasko

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Regarding wifi dropping i can tell you from personal exeprience that it is router dependent. I have a router at home and work. At work no problem, at home drops all the time. If you turn on best wifi performance it solves the issue( this does use more battery). As for keyboarda i use ICS stock from the nexus and it works really good.

I believe multitasking will be fixed. As you know this software was origially developed for tegra 3 SOC, and thus more optimized for it. Pretty sure will be optimized for S4 soon. Sense however is just temporary for me as i am waiting on CM9.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Regarding wifi dropping i can tell you from personal exeprience that it is router dependent. I have a router at home and work. At work no problem, at home drops all the time.

Yep- I have seen that behavior on many Android devices. Things to try include trying "G" only, and messing with other wifi settings in the phone and/or router. Thankfully, I am having no problems at home or work with any of my devices, but I am also using the same router- the WRT-54G with Tomato Toastman.

If you turn on best wifi performance it solves the issue( this does use more battery).

I would hardly describe it as "does use more battery". Here are some better descriptions to use when relaying that info to people:

* Destroys battery life
* Cuts battery life by 1/2 to 2/3
* Sucks away all your power, whether you use the phone or not

Nasko

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I think i actually found a solution to the wifi problem. There is a option to choose frequency. Ever since choosing 5ghz, wifi dropping is gone. And battery life is good. I am not saying choose 5, but choose one to force to stay on one channel. Spread the word people.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon