Emails Too Big for Screen (cannot pinch)

HnLA

May 31, 2012
Visit site
When reading emails the lines are too big for the screen, and its a huge hassle to read an email shifting right/left every line. I tried changing the font size, which did not help with reading and made writing emails hard in "small font". Is there something that I can do?
Here is a link to some of my other issues as a new Sprint and Android user.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ht...-first-impressions-reviews-5.html#post1821228
Thanks

midmofan

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Thats how it has been with Android since forever. Why never fixed it I cant say. You can double tap the screen and (sometimes) text will size to fit, but that does not help the html images.

HnLA

May 31, 2012
Visit site
The problem is in landscape, I understand that in portrait you cannot see the whole thing, but with the other OS (IOS) this is not a problem. So even when turning you cannot see the whole email. This may be the deal killer for Android.

midmofan

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
The problem is in landscape, I understand that in portrait you cannot see the whole thing, but with the other OS (IOS) this is not a problem. So even when turning you cannot see the whole email. This may be the deal killer for Android.

Other OS's handle the issue in portrait better as well such as....WebOS (sigh). It has been a complaint on android forums for a long time but nothing seems to get done. Probably too busy deciding that we don't need menu buttons....

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
People are too much, this is a feature selection not an issue. You select portrait our land scape give me a break. They're called smart phones for a reason.;).:confused:

sent from my Evo4LTE

Reactions: Jackson Galaxy

Jackson Galaxy

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
People are too much, this is a feature selection not an issue. You select portrait our land scape give me a break. They're called smart phones for a reason.;).:confused:

sent from my Evo4LTE

lol, exactly. Gmail doesn't display my emails in portrait either. You know what I do? Scroll left and right, or flip it to landscape.

Technosticrati

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it's definitely a pain but there are some solutions out there. The native Android email client leaves alot to be desired like that...so download some other clients like Touchdown for MS exchange or the Hotmail app. These clients do display emails a lot better but I've found for each email client it has strengths and weakness so pick what suits you best.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty