Evo g4 LTE vs Epic Touch camera

eheif

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
I have both phones and have done a comparison of the cameras and in my opinion the Epic Touch has a better camera. I was expecting to be blow away with the Evo camera, but I'm not.
Does anyone share this opinion? Maybe I have a bad camera in my Evo.
I just feel lack luster about the camera in the Evo.

nathy321

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I have both as well and I agree with you you to a certain extent, I think the evo wins in good lighting and the epic absolute kills it in low lighting. Also the epic takes smoother videos too. I wish they would improve the pics in lower light n the video quality. Also this phones lags a lot the epic was smooth as butter. I'm starting to feel like waiting for the S3 if HTC doesn't send and update to fix all the bugs n lag

devgrp

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have both as well and I agree with you you to a certain extent, I think the evo wins in good lighting and the epic absolute kills it in low lighting. Also the epic takes smoother videos too. I wish they would improve the pics in lower light n the video quality. Also this phones lags a lot the epic was smooth as butter. I'm starting to feel like waiting for the S3 if HTC doesn't send and update to fix all the bugs n lag

I dont know how you can say this phone lags and the GSII is smoother. The EVO LTE trumps the GSII is every category.

And the folks complaining about the camera just dont know what they are doing. Its the equivalent of putting a $2000 dslr camera is the hand of a noob. Every pic I've taken with the EVO LTE has been consistently good.

You cant compare pictures buy looking at the small phone screen. Upload them to a computer and look and the raw pic before they are processed with PS or what ever program you use.

The videos I shot also look good and they run nice and smooth. This weekend I'm gonna do a comparison video of my EVO and my GF GSII for all you GSII fanboys

eheif

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
If you do a comparison could you find someone that has a Epic touch? I'll try to send some pictures up as well. I had high hopes for the Evo but after having the phone for a week I find myself frustrated with not only the camera but also Sense. I'll admit that I like Touch Wiz better.
If that makes me a GSII fanboy, so be it.

Last edited:

devgrp

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Sense is not without its problems but this version is much better than previous versions. HTC just like doing the fancy smancy stuff and sometimes they over do it.

My Gf has the white Epic touch so I will do video and picture comparison. If you look in the picture thread, you will see 2 pictures I posted of my lunch at work. No flash on Auto setting. Straight from the phone, just resized a little

carlos516x

May 11, 2012
Visit site
I've read some reviews of the SGS3 versus the One X, and they mention the One X camera being much better. I agree that I was a bit underwhelmed at first but after a little tweaking and understanding how to properly use the cam, the pics are great. When taking pics in less than ideal environments, make sure you tap on the screen of the object you want to focus on. The white balance will adjust accordingly and take better pics. I also set "saturation" to -1 and sharpness to +1.

But I admit, considering that the Sprint Version of the SGS3 may come with 2GB of ram, i'm torn if I should return my unit and at least give the SGS3 a try before coming back.

rsk2mc

Banned
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Did you try to change your settings on the EVO camera to low light in low light. The EVO gives more of a Raw picture like the nexus as where the epic auto enhances it. Also the reason videos look wierd is the auto focus, if something close to the camera moves the camera tries to auto focus to get it in the shot. Take a video from a standard distance or move in slow and i bet it will be better.

rsk2mc

Banned
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I've read some reviews of the SGS3 versus the One X, and they mention the One X camera being much better. I agree that I was a bit underwhelmed at first but after a little tweaking and understanding how to properly use the cam, the pics are great. When taking pics in less than ideal environments, make sure you tap on the screen of the object you want to focus on. The white balance will adjust accordingly and take better pics. I also set "saturation" to -1 and sharpness to +1.

But I admit, considering that the Sprint Version of the SGS3 may come with 2GB of ram, i'm torn if I should return my unit and at least give the SGS3 a try before coming back.

What are you going to do with 2GB of ram, the phone will never use that much ram ever. You will probably be lucky to 1 GB. ICS runs off minimal respources and optimizes the phone. The S4 was designed to be a poiwer house and your min ram levels will most likely be the same on both phones. Its just a selling point for sammmy

Reactions: Lokibalboa1

anon(43926)

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Macro on the evo sucks compared to the Sammy. I need to be 7 inches away to focus on an object in macro mode..lany closer and it blurs the hell out of the object.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995