EVO bought at Best Buy-- Can I take it to Sprint for issues?

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I've never bought a phone other than at a Corporate Sprint Store. If I buy an EVO from Amazon, Walmart, Best Buy, etc. and I have an issue with it, can I take it to my local Sprint Store for them to fix it? If I have TEP, will the Sprint Store repair/replace it?

I'd rather deal with a Sprint Store for these issues instead of Best Buy, Walmart, etc.

Thanks.

opteron7

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Yes you can....if you dont have insurance they will charge 35 dollars to fix.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
They may, but typically they just fix it! I had my E3D, that I bought from Target, for almost 8 months and the screen stop responding to touch. I took it in and they said they would replace the screen under warranty and to come back in 2 hrs. Came back and they swapped my phone out for a brand new one since they didn't have the part in stock! Didn't cost me a dime!

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the responses. That's really good to hear, since it opens up some options on where I can by my EVO!

shadowhawk2020

May 20, 2010
Visit site
If you TEP insurance replace the phone you could get a refurb and have to wait (I don't know they have refurbs). I am awaiting a replacement for my phone with a defective camera. Best Buy is telling me that I have to wait for the preorder to be filled before I can get a replacement. I am going to call them tomorrow to see if they got more than the preorder amount.

Starfleet Captain

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Yes. I bought my Evo 3D from Radio Shack but when the bottom quarter of my screen failed, I took it to Sprint and they told me to return in 2 hours because they were going to replace the screen. When I came back, they said they couldn't fix it and gave me a new one. No cost to me. I do have insurance so I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it.

Sent from my Evo 3D using Android Central Forums

tndank

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Most Sprint stores will probably say no within the 14 days. During that period, you really should return to the point of purchase and exchange for a new. Only time this is a problem is when a phone launches, typically.

Otherwise, TEP covers the phone no matter where you got it. Or, $35 if you don't have insurance/s&r and it's repairable.

If you don't really need any special treatment and just want a good deal, Best Buy/Wirefly/etc. can be good options. If you are doing things right, you should just plug in a gmail address and it will pull your contacts, etc. Pretty much any smartphone can sync your current contacts to gmail (Blackberry, iOS, etc.) if you have a smartphone now.

But then again, Sprint will transfer numbers anytime for free. I'd imagine Best Buy has cellebrite machines to transfer numbers. Either will work if you have a feature phone right now. But...you could bluetooth them yourself and save a trip if you buy online.

Last edited: