Sprint getting ready to put up the Galaxy S3 pre-order page

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
According to Inside Sprint Now, Sprint is getting ready to put up the landing page and pre-order page for the Samsung Galaxy S3.

Galaxy S3 ? Inside Sprint Now

Any of you planning to return your EVO LTE (within 14 days of activation) to give the Galaxy S3 a try?

Or for those who were planning to get the EVO LTE in the Sprint store this weekend, does this news make you want to wait a bit longer now?
I've been going back and forth, leaning slightly towards the S3 but wanting to play with something soon (and worried about an october, or later, S3 release on sprint), and this announcement kept me out of the store this weekend. I even paid my $45 for my early upgrade on 6/1.

shadowhawk2020

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I actually got two of the Evo's. One of them has a broken camera. So for me it is going to depend on two things.

1. I only paid $50 for the phone. I got $100 credit for trading in the OG Evo, and $5o for buying the LTE. Will they give me the full $100 back for trading in the OG Evo? I am returning the phone because it is defective. They may object, but that will bring me to:

2. Will they have stock before the 14 days is up? If they don't have stock I will be turning my phone in for sure and the better give me the $100 since it isn't my fault I am trading in the phone.

If I trade in the phone I am not waiting for them to get more Evo's but waiting for the S3. I like the Evo, but it has enough annoying quirks like the multitasking to have me looking elsewhere.

Phoenix Rev

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I won't be returning my EVOLTE. I can't begin to tell you how thrilled I am with the phone.

I see no reason to return and try something that might be better.

This is a tool that suits my purposes (and beyond).

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
For anyone thinking of returning the Evo: be aware that your upgrade status won't be reset for up to 10 days after Sprint receives the device. I don't know if that applies when you return it in person to a corporate outlet, but if by mail: 3-5 business days to get the return package, 2 business days for Sprint to get it back if you ship it right away, up to 10 days for the upgrade reset. So two weeks minimum.

Something to consider if you want in on the SGS III pre-order (depending on how soon that's announced).

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I am tempted simply due to the camera but you know what?

I REALLY like my GPS connecting instantly and the EVO LTE runs smooth as cam be.

Something tells me that while it is tempting, I would be happier in the long run with what I already have?

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I am tempted simply due to the camera but you know what?

I REALLY like my GPS connecting instantly and the EVO LTE runs smooth as cam be.

Something tells me that while it is tempting, I would be happier in the long run with what I already have?

Totally agree. Don't fall for Sammy radios again. This EVO LTE is a signal beast and just plain gets it done all day long.

Sent via EVO LTE

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Totally agree. Don't fall for Sammy radios again. This EVO LTE is a signal beast and just plain gets it done all day long.

Sent via EVO LTE

Yep. With how awesome this phone is I don't see why any phone this year will be tempting. Maybe there will be a 2013 phone that might be, but even then I think this phone is easily going to get the job done for 2 years.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995