11-09-2012 10:59 AM
- 08-22-2012 11:30 PM
- Most desktop docks do not have a "dock mode", so it doesn't matter- the screen will be off. As for a real dock mode- I never cared for that, anyway, and one reason is that I believe that yes, it will place additional wear on the backlight and could potentially cause LCD issues over very long periods of a static screen (or static areas on the screen). HTC's dock has a button to turn on/off dock mode, so you are not forced to have the screen "on" all the time, anyway (at least that is the way the Evo 3D dock works).
Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums08-23-2012 01:12 AM
- I got lucky, I had 2 docks for my evo 3d. A sedio and a mugan. The mugan dock also fits my lte, not just a little but perfectly. The sedio was made with rounded ends to fit shape of the 3D while the mugan was made like a straight, flat ledge. I was so surprised to see that it actually looks like it could have been made for the lte. Perfect fit.
Sent from my EVO 4g lte08-23-2012 05:33 AM
- Va1ha11aTroll Headhunter08-23-2012 07:45 AM
- I had the Official HTC dock for my 0G EVO and loved it. In fact, I had two. One for home and one for my desk at work. The difference for me now is that with my 0G EVO, it was nekkid with the extended battery. This worked fine but I was always at a risk of damaging it since I am also a nature photographer and I am outdoor a lot hiking and mountain biking as I am out taking pictures. When I upgraded to the EVO LTE I went ahead and got the Otterbox Defender to help protect it.
So my question is, is there a dock that will work with the Otterbox Defender still on my phone? I have been looking around and so far the Seidio dock looks like it "might" work, but I am not to sure about it. I don't want to have to take the case off just to use a dock. If not, then I guess I will just have to make due with just charging via a straight cable.08-23-2012 09:33 AM
- Va1ha11aTroll HeadhunterActually, the dock I bought says it works with a case, because there is a piece (think iPod docking station piece) that can be removed to make more room, however, I haven't received it, so I can't test. Either way, the defender is too big for any dock.08-23-2012 01:35 PM
- Today the Hyperion dock arrived. I ordered from Amazon: Amazon.com: Hyperion Standard Dock for Sprint HTC EVO LTE 4G - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories The box is marked "Temei", whoever that is, with a small "Hyperion" info card inside. It was well packed and damage-free.
As talked about before, it has no dock mode- but I don't care because I never would use that anyway. My primary purposes for a dock are to protect the phone and make charging easier.... and this does both.
In no way is this of the same quality as the HTC brand dock for the Evo 3D. It does not weigh as much, and the phone cannot be effortlessly, "two finger" inserted and removed, like you can with the HTC brand docks. It can be one-hand inserted, and there is an unnecessary "click" type lock on the USB port. With some practice, you CAN remove the Evo one-handed by using some fingers to push on the back of the dock while pulling with the others. It does seem to offer adequate protection and it looks just fine. There is a fairly bright blue LED on the front bottom, which is always lit when power is applied to the dock.
In my first picture you can see the Evo LTE in the Hyperion dock, being fed power by my Anker mobile external battery, being fed power by the HTC wall charger (which keeps the Anker always charged/ready for use if I want to take it with me... which I have never had to do yet!). The bottom and top microphones are not blocked by the case, neither is the rear speaker, so the phone can be used effectively in speakerphone mode while in the dock. The bottom front cutout is low enough that you can interact with all parts of the screen easily when it is docked, also.
For $20, it is a very reasonable buy, and I think probably beats any other currently available Evo LTE dock. I would recommend it, and purchase it again. Will update the thread if there is any change over time.09-20-2012 05:55 PM
- 09-20-2012 08:23 PM
- 11-09-2012 10:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD