Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 37
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    cohoman's Avatar

    Posts
    219 Posts
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    ROM
    HTC One Stock All the Way

    Default Desktop Dock for EVO 4G LTE?

    I'm looking for a Desktop Dock for the HTC EVO 4G LTE, and the only thing that I came across that might work is this one by Mobi for the HTC One X:

    http://www.shopandroid.com/mobi-prod...6A39A11251.htm

    Has anyone used this dock before? Are there any others that might work also? Of course, these docks will only work with a "naked" EVO (no case), but I'd like to have something where I can place my EVO LTE on my desk for charging and viewing.

    Thanks.
  2. #2  
    crxssi's Avatar
    Linux: The power beneath

    Posts
    1,883 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,202 Global Posts

    Default Re: Desktop Dock for EVO 4G LTE?

    I am impatiently waiting for one also. I got a steal deal on the Evo 3D dock, wasn't that excited because I didn't think I would like it. I was wrong, makes charging so much easier.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Desktop Dock for EVO 4G LTE?

    Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    I am impatiently waiting for one also. I got a steal deal on the Evo 3D dock, wasn't that excited because I didn't think I would like it. I was wrong, makes charging so much easier.
    I bought my phone at Best Buy last week, had a pre-order and got it on Thursday evening. Went to the local Sprint store on Memorial Day and got the Evo 4G LTE Car dock, it is also working great as a desk dock. I just popped it off the windshield and put the little disk on my desk to attach the suction cup to and boom....it's a desktop dock. I keep a retractable micro to usb in the car and have a regular micro to usb on my desk. When it is time to get in the car will take no time to take from one place to the other. Why pay for two chargers, better yet...it was only 35.00 so just get two.
  4. #4  
    CMercs's Avatar

    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

    Default Re: Desktop Dock for EVO 4G LTE?

    Not to start a fight, but why do we need a dock for this phone? Why not just use the kickstand and charge it? The Kickstand will support the phone when it's "upside down" so that you can charge and watch no matter which side it's on.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Desktop Dock for EVO 4G LTE?

    Quote Originally Posted by CMercs View Post
    Not to start a fight, but why do we need a dock for this phone? Why not just use the kickstand and charge it? The Kickstand will support the phone when it's "upside down" so that you can charge and watch no matter which side it's on.
    I guess it's more of the convenience factor, so you don't have to always grab for the charging cable every time you charge your phone. My charger is connected to an outlet behind my dresser drawer. Whenever I disconnect the charger from my phone, the cable sometimes fall behind the drawer. So I always have to go down and reach for it.

    With a dock, you can just simply drop it in and take it out, without having to reach for the charging cable every time. It's the same reason why people prefer car docks that can charge your phone when you drop it in instead of those universal ones where you to have clamp your phone and connect the charging cable every time.

    Some people call it lazy, but I call it convenience.

    Anyways, here's my desktop dock for now until HTC/Sprint or Seidio makes one for the EVO LTE. I'm using Garmin's Dashboard Mount with the cradle from the Sprint car dock. I haven't been using my Garmin GPS since my first Android phone (OG EVO), so I thought I'd make good use of its dashboard mount.


    Last edited by Sh3ngLong; 06-02-2012 at 04:18 PM.
    Thanked by 2:
    klamer and Uncle Louie like this.
  6. #6  
    crxssi's Avatar
    Linux: The power beneath

    Posts
    1,883 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,202 Global Posts

    Default Re: Desktop Dock for EVO 4G LTE?

    Quote Originally Posted by CMercs View Post
    Not to start a fight, but why do we need a dock for this phone? Why not just use the kickstand and charge it?
    Because it is much, much faster and easier to use a dock than to fiddle with cords, plugs, and kickstands.
  7. #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    Because it is much, much faster and easier to use a dock than to fiddle with cords, plugs, and kickstands.
    Agreed. How my desk is set up, a dock would work better than having to fiddle with cords. Plus, having the USB on the top is causing my phone not to be straight on my desk. But that's just my OCD kicking in.

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
  8. #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cohoman View Post
    I'm looking for a Desktop Dock for the HTC EVO 4G LTE, and the only thing that I came across that might work is this one by Mobi for the HTC One X:

    http://www.shopandroid.com/mobi-prod...6A39A11251.htm

    Has anyone used this dock before? Are there any others that might work also? Of course, these docks will only work with a "naked" EVO (no case), but I'd like to have something where I can place my EVO LTE on my desk for charging and viewing.

    Thanks.
    Seidio said somewhere here that they were going to make one, but I've yet to see it.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Desktop Dock for EVO 4G LTE?

    I'd also like to know if the dock will work for the 4GLTE. After only one day the cord being on the left side annoyed the hell out of me so I've been bringing the car dock back and forth but that is getting old fast and dosen't look as nice as a desk dock would
  10. #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CMercs View Post
    Not to start a fight, but why do we need a dock for this phone? Why not just use the kickstand and charge it? The Kickstand will support the phone when it's "upside down" so that you can charge and watch no matter which side it's on.
    True, but a dock will net you Sense running in LANDSCAPE mode, rather than in portrait mode while using the kickstand, resulting in you looking at your phone with your head tilted slightly to the right. Car dock on the desktop is a good idea. An official desktop dock might be pricier than $35 anyway.

    By the way, I put up a review on the car dock on Youtube if anyone is on the fence.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0tELXJLIlQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

    It's a pretty nice unit, very stable suction cup, not as fussy with articulation as the official EVO3D dock, and allows for phone cases too. Once docked, it automatically drops the phone into the "Car" app, although by exiting the app, you can use Sense in landscape mode (why in the heck these phones don't auto-rotate to landscape mode when you turn them is beyond me)...BONUS!

    Also nifty is that the camera lens is not blocked by the dock, so you can use an app like Dailyroads Voyager as a dash-cam. Nifty. Same dock should work great on my desk...off to get another!
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Desktop Dock for EVO 4G LTE?

    Wonder of this would work.

  12. #12  
    Uncle Louie's Avatar

    Posts
    1,023 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,031 Global Posts
    ROM
    SwampMonster V1.0!!!!!

    Default Re: Desktop Dock for EVO 4G LTE?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sh3ngLong View Post
    I guess it's more of the convenience factor, so you don't have to always grab for the charging cable every time you charge your phone. My charger is connected to an outlet behind my dresser drawer. Whenever I disconnect the charger from my phone, the cable sometimes fall behind the drawer. So I always have to go down and reach for it.

    With a dock, you can just simply drop it in and take it out, without having to reach for the charging cable every time. It's the same reason why people prefer car docks that can charge your phone when you drop it in instead of those universal ones where you to have clamp your phone and connect the charging cable every time.

    Some people call it lazy, but I call it convenience.

    Anyways, here's my desktop dock for now until HTC/Sprint or Seidio makes one for the EVO LTE. I'm using Garmin's Dashboard Mount with the cradle from the Sprint car dock. I haven't been using my Garmin GPS since my first Android phone (OG EVO), so I thought I'd make good use of its dashboard mount.


    Thanks for the idea!

    Just picked mine up today, and it works great as a desktop dock! I wish that there was a way to turn off the car dock mode in the settings, but that's a pretty minor annoyance.

    Thinking of grabbing another one for the car, and using this a permanent desktop dock, it works so well.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Desktop Dock for EVO 4G LTE?

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Louie View Post
    I wish that there was a way to turn off the car dock mode in the settings, but that's a pretty minor annoyance.
    But there is a way.


    Thanked by:
  14. #14  
    Uncle Louie's Avatar

    Posts
    1,023 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,031 Global Posts
    ROM
    SwampMonster V1.0!!!!!

    Default Re: Desktop Dock for EVO 4G LTE?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sh3ngLong View Post
    But there is a way.


    YOU,sir, are my hero.

  15. #15  

    Default Re: Desktop Dock for EVO 4G LTE?

    I had the same problem, but went ahead and purchased the car dock from a local Sprint store, then added a $10 beanbag car dash base from Amazon to adhere the suction cup to. This solution has the added benefit of giving me a car mount kit when I need it, and I like being able to rotate the phone in the dock for those apps that won't rotate on their own.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Desktop Dock for EVO 4G LTE?

    Yup got 2 car docks 1 for car and one for Home . I just like others like to drop it in and be done . I still need 1 maybe 2 more as I'm in and out of 4 different cars and don't like to transfer them as it's a pain. I like the car dock but waiting to see if anything else comes out with more movement.
    And Yes I keep my AutoLaunch off as well and just use what I need.
    Last edited by INP713; 06-22-2012 at 10:38 AM.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Desktop Dock for EVO 4G LTE?

    I got the ottie suction mount on Amazon. Designed for a car dash but has a super strong suction cup and works great on my desk.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Desktop Dock for EVO 4G LTE?

    My solution is to re-use my EVO 3D dock. I know the EVO4GLTE and HOX are close in dimetions. Works well. see Converted Evo 3D dock for HTC ONE X, pictures.

  19. #19  
    crawform's Avatar

    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts

    Default Re: Desktop Dock for EVO 4G LTE?

    This one is a great option.

  20. #20  
    crxssi's Avatar
    Linux: The power beneath

    Posts
    1,883 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,202 Global Posts

    Default Re: Desktop Dock for EVO 4G LTE?

    Quote Originally Posted by crawform View Post
    This one is a great option.

    I received the KiDiGi USB Cradle on Friday. I am very happy with it. It is sturdy, the connector is strong, and it holds the phone at a perfect angle for viewing. When in the cradle, the back and bottom of the phone are firmly supported by the cradle. It also has a removable insert for use with a case. I am currently using the cradle with the Diztronic Flexible TPU Case, and it fits perfectly. I just ordered my second cradle for my office.

    One potential negative for some is that the cradle does not seem to initiate a docking mode on the phone.

    *** KiDiGi dock:
    That was mentioned in this thread but not reviewed:

    Seidio Releases Desktop Charging Cradle for HTC EVO 4G LTE

    The main problems with the 3rd party docks are failing these:

    1) USB connector is not too tight, allowing one-handed use.
    2) Weighted enough to allow one-handed use and not moving on desk.
    3) Cradle the phone enough on bottom and back and sides to protect the phone from bending or being knocked or pushed out (think cats), which could also severely damage USB port.
    4) Correct overall fit- no movement when docked, no forcing either.
    5) Dock mode button (seems like no model has a dock button).
    6) Power indicator.

    Could you comment on the KiDiGi in regards to the above criteria? It sounds like you covered #3 and #5 only.

    *** Also, the Hyperion dock: Which fails #1, #2, #5, maybe #6

    *** Also, the Sedio dock, Which fails #1, #2, #3, #5, and maybe #6

    Why does HTC take so long to release a desktop dock? Or will we ever even get one for the Evo LTE?? I want to buy one!! Other than being stupid shiny/glossy black, I love the HTC Evo 3D dock- it fits perfectly and meets ALL the criteria, above, for the Evo 3D. Why can't the Evo LTE have any love?
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
    Thanked by:
  21. #21  

    Default

    crxssi - I have the same thoughts about what's taking HTC so long. Do you think the delay could possibly be related to Sprint, or could it be a numbers (vs. One X owners) game?

    Sent from my EVO LTE baby!
  22. #22  
    crxssi's Avatar
    Linux: The power beneath

    Posts
    1,883 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,202 Global Posts

    Default Re: Desktop Dock for EVO 4G LTE?

    Quote Originally Posted by a22matic View Post
    I just sent an Email to HTC asking if we can expect an LTE dock or not.
    "When a dock is released by HTC, it will be available from the official ShopAmerica HTC website located at the following address: [ ]. While I have no specific information on when or if an official dock will be released, the ShopAmerica website would be the location for the product to be sold once it is released."

    Well, I wasn't expecting much.
    Last edited by crxssi; 08-08-2012 at 05:33 PM.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
  23. #23  
    crawform's Avatar

    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts

    Default Re: Desktop Dock for EVO 4G LTE?

    Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    That was mentioned in this thread but not reviewed:

    Seidio Releases Desktop Charging Cradle for HTC EVO 4G LTE

    The main problems with the 3rd party docks are failing these:

    1) USB connector is not too tight, allowing one-handed use.
    2) Weighted enough to allow one-handed use and not moving on desk.
    3) Cradle the phone enough on bottom and back and sides to protect the phone from bending or being knocked or pushed out (think cats), which could also severely damage USB port.
    4) Correct overall fit- no movement when docked, no forcing either.
    5) Dock mode button (seems like no model has a dock button).
    6) Power indicator.

    Could you comment on the KiDiGi in regards to the above criteria? It sounds like you covered #3 and #5 only.
    I've been using the KiDiGi cradle for a few weeks now and believe that it performs very well against items 1, 2, 3 and 4. Fails 5 (which is annoying). It also fails 6 since it does not have any LED indicators (although the phone LED is fully visible while docked). Two other criteria not in your list are: 7) the KiDiGi cradle does not connect to the PC if you connect via a USB cable (charges only), and 8) the KiDiGi cradle does not provide any audio out capability.

    Hope this is helpful.
    Thanked by:
    crxssi 
  24. #24  

    Default

    I'm not going to lie its a lot harder to get this kickstand open than the original, making it a hassle. Does having the screen on not mess it up in the long run if u use it on a desktop dockj

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
  25. #25  
    crxssi's Avatar
    Linux: The power beneath

    Posts
    1,883 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,202 Global Posts

    Default Re: Desktop Dock for EVO 4G LTE?

    Quote Originally Posted by crawform View Post
    I've been using the KiDiGi cradle for a few weeks now and believe that it performs very well against items 1, 2, 3 and 4. Fails 5 (which is annoying). It also fails 6 since it does not have any LED indicators (although the phone LED is fully visible while docked). Two other criteria not in your list are: 7) the KiDiGi cradle does not connect to the PC if you connect via a USB cable (charges only), and 8) the KiDiGi cradle does not provide any audio out capability.

    Hope this is helpful.
    That is helpful. Thanks. Your #7 and #8 are good additions. I never considered #7 because I assumed it would always work with a data connection (have no idea why or how it wouldn't). #9 might be video out... but then #8 and #9 would be what I call a "media dock" not just a "desktop" or "charging" dock.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

B