One X Car Dock & E4GLTE - May fit with modification

gmtom1

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Just got my One X car dock that I ordered from AT&T on 5/7 in the mail. I ordered it just as an experiment to see if the E4GLTE would work, since I don't really care for the design of the Sprint "HTC" car dock.

Jury's still out on this - it's basically the same length, and since the Evo is slightly thinner than the One X, it fits in the sleeve. However the problem is the curved shape of the X makes it slightly too pinched at the top or bottom of the phone.

I need to dig up my old dremel tool this weekend and decide if it's worth sacrificing $60 on this experiment.

Will report back soon.....

Reactions: Quint9

gmtom1

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Decided it wasn't worth the $60, so I returned it to AT&T

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Decided it wasn't worth the $60, so I returned it to AT&T

Do you think its close enough to be able to mod it?

If so i'm getting it to try. I like this dock very much and hey, its only 60$ :)

Tyler Durden

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Why spend $60 on that car dock, and instead get the actual EVO 4G LTE car dock for $35 from Sprint?

because the "actual EVO 4G LTE car dock for $35" is a Sprint branded iGrip car dock... the ACTUAL HTC car dock is MUCH better quality and looks a lot nicer.

I'm waiting for them to come out, it's just a matter of time.

gmtom1

May 16, 2010
Visit site
If you're willing to risk the $60, then go for it. You can basically force it in the dock as-is, but it's REALLY tight, so that's why I'm fairly sure it would just take a bit of shaving down the plastic on one end to make it fit ok.

sjcdal

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
If you're willing to risk the $60, then go for it. You can basically force it in the dock as-is, but it's REALLY tight, so that's why I'm fairly sure it would just take a bit of shaving down the plastic on one end to make it fit ok.

Yes. I have the HTC version of the dock for the OG Evo..it is well built. That one has the power running through the dock..through that little metal arm...which makes for a very clean looking installation. I remember balking at the price on that unit for months...then finally caved just a couple of months before I upgraded to the Evo4G.

gmtom1

May 16, 2010
Visit site
This one doesn't have power running through the dock. Instead it has a permanent USB cable attachment that attached to the dual car charger.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34