USB mounting on Mac

Tomguruken36

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I use a Macbook Pro running OS X 10.7.4 and I'm wondering how to mount the phones storage to USB in order to move files from my previous phone. Is the phone's internal storage inaccessible? The options I am given when I connect my phone though USB are : Charge Only, HTC Sync Manager, USB Tethering, Media Sync and Internet Passthrough. I see nothing about mounting the phones storage. Media

Am I missing something? Or is the Phones internal storage inaccessible?

Thanks

Tomguruken36

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
crxssi: Thank you for the link directing me to that forum post. You provided a great deal of information regarding the subject and I am grateful. It is unfortunate that this is a problem with Android 4.0. Today I upgraded from a Samsung Nexus S 4G running 4.0.4 on it and never experienced a problem, until now with this new HTC Evo 4G LTE.

Thanks for the info.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Hunh? Am I missing something? It's easy, though not intuitive. ... From my review:

The HTC One X uses universal mass storage. You plug in the phone, then tell it if you want to use it as a drive, or just charge, or use USB tethering, etc. The EVO does the same, but there's no obvious mass storage option. To move files on Windows machines without using the HTC Sync Manager software, you'll need to connect and use the "Media Sync" option. (If you're using a Mac, be sure to have the Android File Transfer app installed.) It's not a huge deal, but it is a little different, so we're pointing it out.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Hunh? Am I missing something? It's easy, though not intuitive. ... From my review:

It might be easy if you are using *newer* versions of MS-Windows. That is because Microsoft has added the semi-proprietary, non-standard MTP to explorer and usb device detection. It is not easy if you are using Linux or certain versions of MacOS.

As I said in the other posting, by default, choosing "Media Sync" does absolutely nothing on a Linux machine. And choosing it on a MacOS machine without special, proprietary software installed also does absolutely nothing.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g-lte/177254-media-sync-nearly-useless.html#post1820712