Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default evo 4g lte camera app not working.

So I picked up my EVO LTE today and my camera app just pulls up a black screen every time I pull it up . Sometimes it tells me that the app is not responding and sends a report to htc. I've done a factory reset already and it did nothing to help the situation.
    Last edited by Gtortora79; 06-02-2012 at 11:50 PM.

Default Re: evo 4g lte camera app not working.

I am in the same boat. I got the EVO LTE yesterday and my camera ap opens without a picture or response to controls. What gives! Can we have one launch without issue?

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts

Just left best buy first thing i waqnted to do when i got home was take a pic and bamm black screen.. LOL what did you guys do with yours???

My hardware button doesn't work 90% of the time. When I press it nothing happens. When it does work you have to press the button very hard for several seconds for it to take a blurry pic. And the flash never triggers when I use the hardware camera button, never mind the lightning conditions.
    Anyone else?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

Seems to me when you use both the on screen or dedicated shutter button, you get a blurry picture because your hand moves slightly. I've never run into an issue opening the camera app though.

Has anyone found a workaround for this? I don't even remember my Evo 4G being this bad.

Changing the sharpness definitely improves the picture quality when I can actually get a still hand.

Did anyone find a solution? I have the same problem.

Angry Re: evo 4g lte camera app not working.

Mine just stopped working today, just black screen with the controls showing, but no image, got the phone this past Sunday, installed GO Launcher, that's about it.

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts

I had to change mine out for a replacement at best buy..

Remove go launcher then try again

Okay, so uninstalled GO Launcher, did factory reset, camera still not working, looks like I'm going to Best Buy tomorrow....

Quote Originally Posted by teainfinity View Post
    Okay, so uninstalled GO Launcher, did factory reset, camera still not working, looks like I'm going to Best Buy tomorrow....
    Did you try to do a full reset from settings?

from Evo4GLTE on Android Central

I turned the phone off, then held down power button and volume down, let go off power button and this brought up the menu with factory reset. It's starting to act weird as well, i left it just sitting for a minute, then it made a noise like it was focusing. The camera settings are working, switched to front camera and that works. Also read on another thread someone with the same issue, said it just started working again the day after, kinda weird.

Quote Originally Posted by teainfinity View Post
    I turned the phone off, then held down power button and volume down, let go off power button and this brought up the menu with factory reset. It's starting to act weird as well, i left it just sitting for a minute, then it made a noise like it was focusing. The camera settings are working, switched to front camera and that works. Also read on another thread someone with the same issue, said it just started working again the day after, kinda weird.
    Glad to hear its working for now,I hope that was just a glitch. It does seem with all the different apps available, that it's possible to come across one that is incompatible from time to time.I tried a few on OG Evo and had major issues with them and once I removed them everything worked fine. I had to make a few trips into Sprint before realizing the big fix, they always use is a clean reset. I found that the whole inconvenience of the top was not necessary, I could easily do the reset on my own. I did learn a good frequent back up is crucial to keep my stuff on android.

from Evo4GLTE on Android Central

Not sure if I should've started a new thread or not. Mine EVO 4G LTE had the same black screen problem. I am not rooted and have a stock setup. My camera worked fine since I purchased the phone June 3rd. But 2 nights ago I got the black screen issue. THe next morning I checked the phone and the camera was again working. However it developed a horrendous saturation issue (which I blieve is different from the oversaturated colors issue reported by many). Other pats of the phone was acting weird like hanging and loicking up so I did a hard reset. I wiped out everything clean and now the phone seems fine however the camera is still messed up. Even the viewfinder (pre-picture) looks wacked out. When I take the picture this is what I get below. The photos taken in good lighting look horrible. So something is obiously wrong with the camera on this phone since the hard reset didn't cure my problem.

Anyone seen this before?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails evo 4g lte camera app not working.-imag0003.jpg  

Same problem...worked fine one day, now I get black screen with controls. Instagram can't connect to camera either. Should have waited for 2nd generation

Mine is at HTC right now because of the black screen in the camera app. I was rooted so we shall see if they trip or not. it's been "being repaired" for 3 days now.

Okay so i had the exact same problem and i share a phone so i was afraid that i was going to get in trouble. My camera app went out earlier tonight, so what i did was just reset the phone. Like you are going to turn it off instead of hitting shut down hit reset and then when your phone boots back up try launching the camera app. Mine turned back on in solarize so go into settings and change the filter. if this doesnt work, your pretty much screwed and you better get a new phone.

- - - Updated - - -

That is what my pictures looked like when the camera app started working again. it automatically resets in to a solarize filter in the settings and you can change it back to having no filters

take battery cover off push hard down on camera, then restart evo this may work,it work on mine

I was having the same problem, sometimes restarting the phone would help, but I finally found the problem!
    I took the phone apart tonight to find that the camera's ribbon plug had worked itself loose from the board. Very simple fix!
    Factors that may cause this issue:
    1) The camera is not hard mounted in the phone, so it may shake around and pull the chord out if the phone is dropped or shaken
    2) The vibration unit is right above the camera which may help the plug work itself out.

The phone is fairly simple to disassemble, there are tutorials online to help, if you cannot do it yourself just bring it to sprint and let them know that the plug is the cause so they do not try to make you get a new phone.

I have a problem my camera snaps a pic. Loading shows flashes the pic. The takes picture any solution for this or am I s... Out of luck

This did the trick for me! Thanks man.

QIK video does the black screen of fail too... just a warning.... had to uninstall qik, then factory reset to get the camera working again.