Wi-Fi dropping solution found

Anthonicia

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
My Android version is 2.3.5
It dosen't show those settings

This is a EVO 4G LTE thread. Do u have a regular EVO 4g? Something else maybe? The option may not be available on your phone. Unless u rooted your phone and went to version 2.3.5, idk what u did. Don't think they have many roms up let alone that one.

I can try and help u but u might be better off finding your phone and posting in that section.

Sent from OG EVO LTE with Android Central Forums

andyjwang

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Yes, this is good. WiFi Manager is very good.
So is WiFi Analyzer.

I found that on ICS 4.0.3 it only search for channels with 2.4 GHz. Yet, on Jelly Bean 4.1.1 it searches both 2.4 and 5 GHz.
If you have wi fi dropping issue on your smart phone, please read below.

Hi, Mine is Galaxy Note 2 i317 with Jelly Bean 4.1.1. I did have similar issue. I took two smart phones to Target, one is ICS 4.0.3 and the Note 2 is 4.1.1.
The 4.0.3 never has any issues with wi fi connection. But the Note 2 keeps on dropping the connection. I ran an application wifi analyzer to check the available networks. It turns out that Target has so many routers that are using the same ssid, i.e. "Target Guest Wi-Fi". There are channel 1, 6, 11, etc, as well as many 5Gs. I did an alias for every available connection. Then I pick one of the stronger signal strength 5G and connected to it.
After that no connection was dropped.

The point is that you should try to connect to the strongest signal SSID so that the Note 2 won't keep on dropping the weak connection.

I have no idea why the ICS 4.0.3 can handle better than the 4.1.1 Jelly Bean as far as wifi is concerned.

SigmundVMazur

Dec 5, 2016
Visit site
The only problem is that there are a lot of " wifi managers " on Google Play. I have been trying them randomly, based upon what I can glean from their rating and the description the author gives GP.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! This is a 4 year old thread, so it might help to give us more detail. Which device do you have? Is it not detecting any wi-fi network at all, or just yours? Have you tried renaming your wi-fi network or creating a new wi-fi password on your router?

Vic Gamet

Mar 25, 2017
Visit site
I'm thinking it has something to do with the way routers switch frequencies whether password protected or not. Going to try and troubleshoot this issue more tonight at work.

Apps like WiFi manager give u some more advanced controls and monitoring interfaces. Hopefully come up with a fix for myself and others that switching to 2.5 doesn't work for.

Sent from OG EVO LTE with Android Central Forums