I've searched about this on the forum and the net in general, but I can't seem to find an answer.

How do I turn off the Gmail notifications? I use the native/HTC app for my mail notification, so the Gmail notifications are redundant/annoying.

I was able to disable this on my old 3vo but now I can't figure it out.

Can someone help?

Thanks,

GBA
    06-03-2012 12:23 PM
    Gmail, menu at bottom left(three dots)new for ICS,general settings, notifications.

sent from my Evo4LTE
    06-03-2012 12:34 PM
    Merc81, thanks, but under the general settings there isn't anything that says notifications.

What am I missing?
    06-03-2012 12:39 PM
    I just went to Settings > Accounts & Sync > Google > and unchecked the Gmail sync. This will stop the native Gmail app notifications but wont affect the HTC Email client notifications. Its the only way I have been able to do it.
    06-03-2012 01:56 PM
    go into gmail. click the 3 dots menu button on bottom right > settings > then it should say general settings and your email address underneath. click your email address. there is a check box for email notification. uncheck it. no more notifications....
    khull808, Mercury81 and jmbman65 like this.
    06-03-2012 02:07 PM
    go into gmail. click the 3 dots menu button on bottom right > settings > then it should say general settings and your email address underneath. click your email address. there is a check box for email notification. uncheck it. no more notifications....
    Thanks ...I forgot click onto email name, was in there once since I had phone.:thumbup:

sent from my Evo4LTE
    06-03-2012 05:48 PM
    Thank you SO MUCH. I have been trying to figure this out for 2 days. I knew it had to be in the gmail settings but didn't know to click on my email. It was much easier on my orig. Evo.
    10-07-2012 07:47 PM
    Thanks!! Works on my HTC one.
    05-30-2013 03:44 PM
    Thank you! Thank you!. I've been trying to figure out how to stop all notifications for gmail and never considered it was actually the HTC app that was throwing them up. Checked the settings in that app and voila no more notifications.

07-09-2013 07:09 AM
    YAY!!!! This worked!! Thank you!!!
    06-28-2014 08:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD