Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default facebook contacts

hey guys,...
    so i just got my evo lte...
    my contacts got synced to google... just seems odd that i have no photos of the contacts in my address book... i tried to manual syn them under account synchronization... still... some seem to appear with photos but 80% the photos don't sink the photos.... any idea... why that might happen, and what I can do about it!?
    Thanks

Default Re: facebook contacts

same with me, not all of my FB contact photos synced- despite the contact "connection" being made and linked.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Is it normal? what can be done?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Bugged by this as well. And the contact photos not showing up on Handcent or GoSMS
    Sony Ericsson K790a | Palm Treo 650 | Apple iPhone | Apple iPhone 3G | Apple iPhone 3GS | HTC EVO 4G | Samsung Epic 4G | HTC EVO 3D | HTC EVO 4G LTE | Apple iPhone 5 | LG Nexus 4 | Sony Xperia Z | HTC One | LG G2 | Sony Xperia Z1 | LG Nexus 5

There seem to be major issues with contacts. I'm experiencing this, and others described here: Major bugs with contacts?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Not sure if this was the same problem I had where none of the FB photos would sync to the contacts. I was able to finally get the FB photos to sync with my contacts by opening up the Facebook app, going into settings and selecting Sync Contacts at the very bottom. I changed the setting to "Sync with existing contacts" and hit the Sync button. After checking my contacts all my FB contacts had their pictures back.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

All of them?? I it seem like some of mine did slot of. Mine didn't.... And I hit the manual sync a couple Of. Times

http://05hi.qr.aI

If I remember where I saw the article, I'll link it (above), but I remember reading that this is because of some kind of beef between Google and DB. I don't know how true it is but I'll look for the supporting docs.

Doesnt this have to do with Facebook and interactions with 3rd party apps??

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

Hey All

connex.io (Disclaimer: I work for the company) is service that solves issues like these. We can sync any Android device (but also Google Contacts, Yahoo Contacts, Windows Live Mail, Outlook...) with Facebook, LinkedIn and Xing (or all three), including the pictures. The app also cleans, de-duplicates and updates your contacts automatically. You basically only have to sync once and it will update your friends numbers, e-mail addresses and pictures automatically. If you would like to check it out: www.connex.io.

ROM
    MIK

Quote Originally Posted by delosfuegos View Post
    Hey All

connex.io (Disclaimer: I work for the company) is service that solves issues like these. We can sync any Android device (but also Google Contacts, Yahoo Contacts, Windows Live Mail, Outlook...) with Facebook, LinkedIn and Xing (or all three), including the pictures. The app also cleans, de-duplicates and updates your contacts automatically. You basically only have to sync once and it will update your friends numbers, e-mail addresses and pictures automatically. If you would like to check it out: www.connex.io.

$5/month??? That sounds pretty high.

Here's a solution if you're rooted: Pocketables – Get back your missing Facebook contact pics on your rooted HTC EVO 4G LTE
    I haven't tried it yet so I can't speak for how well it works.