Endomondo on EVO 4G LTE

Melaza

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Anyone having issues with their endomondo app?

I've used it 4 times and 2 out of those 4 is not picking up my GPS :mad: I check the settings and everything looks normal... Never had this issue with my EVO 3D :mad:

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

flugelboy

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I've used it for 4 rides so far and it has worked great on all but one of them. On that ride, it started out fine then lost signal after a couple of miles. It said the signal was "excellent" but the little icon just kept on flashing.

Melaza

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
The 2 times that has failed me it started fine but less than half a mile is stop tracking

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

RG129

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I've done three 8+ mile runs so far with my EVO LTE and Endomondo works fine for me. I've missed calls, texts, gChats all while running and the GPS continues to track. (Hopefully I didn't jinx myself).

Melaza

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I tried it again this morning and it stopped tracking at 1.3 miles, interesting thing is that AllSport GPS stopped tracking at the same time. :banghead:

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

Melaza

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
New update from Endomondo... I'll give it a try in the morning

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE, take that Crapple!

Melaza

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Today I almost got to 2 miles before it stop tracking :banghead: I guess the update didn't fix it :mad:

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

RG129

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Today I almost got to 2 miles before it stop tracking :banghead: I guess the update didn't fix it :mad:

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

Are you running the same route every time? Does there happen to be a lot of dense fog around where you live?

RG129

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Also, don't forget to download Power Saver Settings from the play store. I just found out about this app and I see an option at the bottom that you can decide whether GPS gets automatically turned off while the screen is off.

If you have a lot of apps open and your battery isn't healthy, I have a feeling that Android is killing your GPS on your run while the screen is off.

ceff7711

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I haven't used that app since I got the LTE. I should be going for a run tonight, so I will let you know...

How do you run with this phone? I am running a 5K next week and would love to figure out how you runners secure a device like this while running.

Thanks

Pace Racing

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
I bought Edmondo for my road bike rides, but haven't used it yet. I've been using google tracks. That seems to work without issue, so you may want to give it a try.

Melaza

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Are you running the same route every time? Does there happen to be a lot of dense fog around where you live?

Most days I run the same one... I like to use Endomodo to see how I'm doing every mile. (if I'm too slow and need to pick up the pace)

Also, don't forget to download Power Saver Settings from the play store. I just found out about this app and I see an option at the bottom that you can decide whether GPS gets automatically turned off while the screen is off.

If you have a lot of apps open and your battery isn't healthy, I have a feeling that Android is killing your GPS on your run while the screen is off.

I will try that app... I only have the music app and endomondo running. I've even tried rebooting the phone before running.

How do you run with this phone? I am running a 5K next week and would love to figure out how you runners secure a device like this while running.

Thanks

I use a waist water belt, that has a pocket that my phone fits in.

cstoli

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I haven't received my LTE yet, but I was having the same issue with EndoMondo on my original Evo last week, so maybe it's not a device issue.

Melaza

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I haven't received my LTE yet, but I was having the same issue with EndoMondo on my original Evo last week, so maybe it's not a device issue.

I downloaded the Power Saving Settings app and there was an option to turn off GPS when screen is off. I think that was my issue. Next time I run I'll let you know it that worked.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

flugelboy

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I just went for a ride and after almost 5 miles the GPS icon in the notifcation bar started blinking and Endomodo stopped tracking. I went into the Location settings and toggled the GPS off then on and Endomondo picked it right back up. I'm thinking it's more of a phone OS problem than an Endomondo problem. It ran fine the rest of the ride.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I ran for a little under an hour Friday using Endomondo, and didn't have any problems with it. Had music playing the whole time, and checked a couple of texts and emails. All settings pretty much default, no battery or powersaver apps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12