User Old Habits to Break - Fun

SlackBlade

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering, is anyone else making user input mistakes after having the original EVO and having upgraded to EVO 4G LTE?

Every night I go to plug it in, I find myself starting at the bottom and fiddling with it. :banghead: I then smile and put the plug in the side. After 2 years and being tired, I forget sometimes. :)

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

PepperMan98

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
CONSTANTLY! lol. I am always going to hit the search button and catch myself before I hit multitasking. Back button instead of home, and I had the Otterbox Commuter, so I always try to put my pinky where the charging port insert was when I plug it in...but it's not there. I feel you pain, totally...

kmmill00

May 16, 2011
Visit site
definitely have hit the home button looking for the menu button too many times to count.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

JinxDroid

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I noticed that I get pretty annoyed with the charging port on the side.
I liked how my charging cable hung straight off of the bottom of the OG Evo when I was using it while it was charging.

I feel like the cord coming out of the side puts additional pressure on the port when I'm talking while charging. Wish they would have left that port on the bottom.

Otherwise... I love pretty much everything they did to this phone.

Mom2Ninjas

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I noticed that I get pretty annoyed with the charging port on the side.
I liked how my charging cable hung straight off of the bottom of the OG Evo when I was using it while it was charging.

I feel like the cord coming out of the side puts additional pressure on the port when I'm talking while charging. Wish they would have left that port on the bottom.

Otherwise... I love pretty much everything they did to this phone.

While I see where you are coming from... I have to say that I like the placement of the charging port. Now when I have the AUX cord in my car plugged up I can rest the phone in the cup holder and charge it at the same time. Before I had to hold onto it.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I got used to the port location with the E3D and I think it's better when you think about how the phone will sit in a dock, but I find myself holding the "home" button for a second, waiting for my "recent apps" to pop up.

They don't.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Im coming from an Epic Touch and the power button was on the right side where the Volume UP Button is.
Many times i have wondered why my device wont turn on. DUH slaps forehead. power button on top..

Saneless

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Having owned a total of 4 phones that have a different button scheme, I've found it takes me about 3 1/2-4 days until I get completely used to the new layout without making any mistakes. So i've had this about 10 days now, I'm past that point.

But I've definitely hit back a few times when I meant to hit home

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech