Text sending issue

marksr#AC

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if it's a network problem or Handcent. Only started noticing this yesterday; twice was told that I hadn't reponded to texts, and looked at the text and noticed the little spinning thingie.
I then went to more-->undelivered texts and I had 4 of them sitting there undelivered from intermittently throughout the afternoon- I didn't even realize they hadn't gone.
Others went through fine before and after those.

Any ideas?

ceff7711

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if it's a network problem or Handcent. Only started noticing this yesterday; twice was told that I hadn't reponded to texts, and looked at the text and noticed the little spinning thingie.
I then went to more-->undelivered texts and I had 4 of them sitting there undelivered from intermittently throughout the afternoon- I didn't even realize they hadn't gone.
Others went through fine before and after those.

Any ideas?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central ForumS

There are issues with handcent. I only getting sporadic notifications of incoming texts.

axlepastel

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem, I don't think it's Handcent's fault. I think it's Sprint. Here's my post that I made in response to a thread on Android central:

I've been having the same issue for about 3 weeks now. Seems like I have no trouble receiving texts, but about 1/15 texts that I try to send will never get sent. The little icon in Handcent just keeps spinning forever. Problem occurs whether I'm using Handcent or stock messaging, whether I'm on 3G or WiFi, whether my phone is rooted or unrooted. I was about to do a factory reset until I saw this here thread in which people are saying it's a Sprint issue. Well I hope for Sprint's sake they resolve it because it's making me regret renewing a 2-year agreement with them.

And here's a link to the thread: http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g-lte/564626-occasional-problem-sending-texts.html

I've found that there's a lack of support for this issue, and I think we need to band together because there are definitely a lot of people who have this problem but they are scattered around.

Gladius Nova

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Had the same issue since launch day...I don't think it's a Sprint issue cause my wife and son don't have issues with their phones (on Sprint network) .....returned mine through Wirefly and awaiting a new one.
Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12