HTC EVO 4G LTE: Wifi tether not working (im rooted)

BBPimp85

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Wifi tether does nothing. It just sits there. I checked several times and I indeed have root access.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: cabbie

cabbie

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Wifi tether not working (im rooted)

This worked for me too, tethered my laptop and touchpad through it. Many thanks!

dewey brunner

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site

Rooted new evo lte so could get wifi tether. No problem on old evo 4g. No client lists show up. which download should I use? Tried several, but none work. How to get client to show?

alvin319

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

Rooted new evo lte so could get wifi tether. No problem on old evo 4g. No client lists show up. which download should I use? Tried several, but none work. How to get client to show?

Make sure you are using Wifi Tether not Wireless Tether. Go into settings and change the device-profile to generic ICS.

fupduk

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site

Rooting the EVO 4G LTE is super easy, but WiFi Tethering still isn't working for me. I have uninstalled/reinstalled WiFi Tether, un-rooted/re-rooted my device, selected several different device profiles, tried with and without access control and encryption, changed the passphrase, enabled and disabled MSS clamping and Routing fix, (Re)-installed binaries/configs, rebooted the phone and the laptop, and even put the phone into and out of airplane mode. Are there any other tricks I can try?

teejay69

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site

I am new to Android. Just left my Palm Pre homebrewed to max, and want to learn how to do the same with my new EVO 4G LTE. Especially wiFi Tethering to run my Touchpad. How do I do this please?

tjy777

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site

I tried all the above and still can not get wifi tether to work. My laptop and touchpad used to connect flawlessly with OG Evo but now my laptop says no internet connections and touch pad say tap to configure address

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site

* Change Device-Profile > Generic ICS

* Make sure Routing fix is enabled

* Select Enable WiFi-Encryption if you want to use WPA/WPA2-PSK (and don?t forget to change the default password!)

**** some people have been having trouble if they don?t enable MSS clamping in the settings ***

Reactions: stevek28

tjy777

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site

double checked the 3 you mentioned and everything was set but still unable to connect-my laptop now says no network access and touch pad still says tap to configure

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site

double checked the 3 you mentioned and everything was set but still unable to connect-my laptop now says no network access and touch pad still says tap to configure

Are your Touchpad and Laptop seeing the AnndroidTether connection?

tjy777

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site

yep they both find the connection just can't get internet for some reason. while they were both connected I fired up the browser on my phone and it worked so data connection is good

fupduk

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site

I finally got it working. I did a factory data reset, rooted, installed wifi tether, and set the profile to Generic ICS. BINGO, everything works! It must've been an app I had installed that was hosing me up.

teejay69

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site

FoxFi and its add on solved my tethering issue! It works like a charm, and does not require rooting!! Yippee!

SycoKU

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site

* Change Device-Profile > Generic ICS

* Make sure Routing fix is enabled

* Select Enable WiFi-Encryption if you want to use WPA/WPA2-PSK (and don?t forget to change the default password!)

**** some people have been having trouble if they don?t enable MSS clamping in the settings ***
The trick for me was Enabling Routing Fix. Thanks a ton!!!:D

eskripoc

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

I've tried all of your above suggestions and nothing works. my ipad recognizes the wifi from my htc evo 4g but it just hangs. i'm running deck's reloaded. anybody have any suggestions????
Also, there's no MSS clamping option in settings...

Kimmy Black

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

I have tried everything there is to try on my Samsung Galaxy 3 to hook up to the tether.. I have did everything you all have said and I still not get the tether to work. The phone is rooted I am ready to go back to the EVO because I know it works. I even signed up with the hot spot for sprint for 49.00 a month and that data lasted about a week and I was getting ready to go over so I canceled it.. Please someone help me with this problem !!!!!! :)

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

I have tried everything there is to try on my Samsung Galaxy 3 to hook up to the tether.. I have did everything you all have said and I still not get the tether to work. The phone is rooted I am ready to go back to the EVO because I know it works. I even signed up with the hot spot for sprint for 49.00 a month and that data lasted about a week and I was getting ready to go over so I canceled it.. Please someone help me with this problem !!!!!! :)
With the SG3 you might to try this.....[App-Mod/Source] WifiTether for JB TouchWiz Roms - xda-developers

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs