Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default HTC EVO 4G LTE: Wifi tether not working (im rooted)

Wifi tether does nothing. It just sits there. I checked several times and I indeed have root access.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-26-2014 at 10:00 PM.
    Thanked by:
    cabbie 

Default Re: Wifi tether not working (im rooted)

Open Wifi Tether and go into the settings and change the device profile to generic ics and that should fix it.
    Thanked by 3:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by jaandca1 View Post
    Open Wifi Tether and go into the settings and change the device profile to generic ics and that should fix it.
    You sir....... Are a king. Thanks.
    Thanked by:
    cabbie 

Smile Re: Wifi tether not working (im rooted)

This worked for me too, tethered my laptop and touchpad through it. Many thanks!

Rooted new evo lte so could get wifi tether. No problem on old evo 4g. No client lists show up. which download should I use? Tried several, but none work. How to get client to show?

Quote Originally Posted by dewey brunner View Post
    Rooted new evo lte so could get wifi tether. No problem on old evo 4g. No client lists show up. which download should I use? Tried several, but none work. How to get client to show?
    Make sure you are using Wifi Tether not Wireless Tether. Go into settings and change the device-profile to generic ICS.

Rooting the EVO 4G LTE is super easy, but WiFi Tethering still isn't working for me. I have uninstalled/reinstalled WiFi Tether, un-rooted/re-rooted my device, selected several different device profiles, tried with and without access control and encryption, changed the passphrase, enabled and disabled MSS clamping and Routing fix, (Re)-installed binaries/configs, rebooted the phone and the laptop, and even put the phone into and out of airplane mode. Are there any other tricks I can try?

Global Posts
    255 Global Posts

I am new to Android. Just left my Palm Pre homebrewed to max, and want to learn how to do the same with my new EVO 4G LTE. Especially wiFi Tethering to run my Touchpad. How do I do this please?
    nikiva101 likes this.

Changed device in settings to ICS which did the trick. After many hours, this worked. Thanks

I tried all the above and still can not get wifi tether to work. My laptop and touchpad used to connect flawlessly with OG Evo but now my laptop says no internet connections and touch pad say tap to configure address

Global Posts
    714 Global Posts

* Change Device-Profile > Generic ICS

* Make sure Routing fix is enabled

* Select Enable WiFi-Encryption if you want to use WPA/WPA2-PSK (and donít forget to change the default password!)

**** some people have been having trouble if they donít enable MSS clamping in the settings ***
    Hit the THANKS in appreciation if I or anyone else has helped you in any way .. A Strong Android Community

http://mydamnbrainhurts.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/mydamnbrainhurt
    Thanked by 3:

double checked the 3 you mentioned and everything was set but still unable to connect-my laptop now says no network access and touch pad still says tap to configure

Global Posts
    714 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tjy777 View Post
    double checked the 3 you mentioned and everything was set but still unable to connect-my laptop now says no network access and touch pad still says tap to configure
    Are your Touchpad and Laptop seeing the AnndroidTether connection?
    Hit the THANKS in appreciation if I or anyone else has helped you in any way .. A Strong Android Community

http://mydamnbrainhurts.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/mydamnbrainhurt

yep they both find the connection just can't get internet for some reason. while they were both connected I fired up the browser on my phone and it worked so data connection is good

I finally got it working. I did a factory data reset, rooted, installed wifi tether, and set the profile to Generic ICS. BINGO, everything works! It must've been an app I had installed that was hosing me up.

Global Posts
    255 Global Posts

FoxFi and its add on solved my tethering issue! It works like a charm, and does not require rooting!! Yippee!

Quote Originally Posted by solo1 View Post
    * Change Device-Profile > Generic ICS

* Make sure Routing fix is enabled

* Select Enable WiFi-Encryption if you want to use WPA/WPA2-PSK (and donít forget to change the default password!)

**** some people have been having trouble if they donít enable MSS clamping in the settings ***
    The trick for me was Enabling Routing Fix. Thanks a ton!!!

I've tried all of your above suggestions and nothing works. my ipad recognizes the wifi from my htc evo 4g but it just hangs. i'm running deck's reloaded. anybody have any suggestions????
    Also, there's no MSS clamping option in settings...
    Thanked by:

I have tried everything there is to try on my Samsung Galaxy 3 to hook up to the tether.. I have did everything you all have said and I still not get the tether to work. The phone is rooted I am ready to go back to the EVO because I know it works. I even signed up with the hot spot for sprint for 49.00 a month and that data lasted about a week and I was getting ready to go over so I canceled it.. Please someone help me with this problem !!!!!! :-)
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmy Black View Post
    I have tried everything there is to try on my Samsung Galaxy 3 to hook up to the tether.. I have did everything you all have said and I still not get the tether to work. The phone is rooted I am ready to go back to the EVO because I know it works. I even signed up with the hot spot for sprint for 49.00 a month and that data lasted about a week and I was getting ready to go over so I canceled it.. Please someone help me with this problem !!!!!! :-)
    With the SG3 you might to try this.....

Thanks....4 days of searching...you just fixed my Note II

Im trying to use the wi fi treve method and i keepgetting an error for routing fix whats the issue?
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,205 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sarriahbrownie View Post
    Im trying to use the wi fi treve method and i keepgetting an error for routing fix whats the issue?
    Are you rooted?
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    Are you rooted?
    Yes I'm rooted with s off i had the stiock rom and tried and also alterrom, I have not tried with the rom im on which is nitrous i am on Sprint.....thx for your time please respond if you can help
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,205 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sarriahbrownie View Post
    Yes I'm rooted with s off i had the stiock rom and tried and also alterrom, I have not tried with the rom im on which is nitrous i am on Sprint.....thx for your time please respond if you can help
    Believe it or not, I have never rooted this phone, so I am not going to be much help.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast