Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree15Likes

ROM
    CM10 Nightlies

Default Re: 4th Generation (2013) HTC EVO

I feel like next year's EVO won't be the great leap forward we're expecting.

Since it's the only streamlined version, I'll use the iPhone as an example (sorry!)

They have a completely renovated version every two years. Every other year, they have a somewhat better, but not enough to upgrade version.

That is what the EVO line has done. 2010: The EVO 4G that blew everything away in its time. Then the 3D in 2011. Which was better, but not by a LOT. Now we have the 4g LTE which is a completely redesigned, and worthy successor to, the original EVO.

Yeah you've got the EVO View, and EVO Design and Shift. But those are not true EVO devices. They were never supposed to be. Just carrying the namesake.

I'm thinking next years will MAYBE have quad core, but performance wise, it won't be much better, if at all, than the 4GLTE.

No, THAT beast is coming in 2014.
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,483 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kennethbring View Post
    That is what the EVO line has done. 2010: The EVO 4G that blew everything away in its time. Then the 3D in 2011. Which was better, but not by a LOT.
    That is totally wrong. The Evo 3D was a *LOT* "better"/more advanced than the Evo OG. I know, I have them both.

* More than double the CPU power
    * Faster graphics
    * More RAM
    * Lots more storage
    * Larger battery
    * Higher resolution screen
    * 3D screen and camera (like it or ignore it)
    * Side charger + MHL port

The Evo 3G is about as different from the Evo OG as the Evo 3D is from the Evo LTE

ROM
    CM10 Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    That is totally wrong. The Evo 3D was a *LOT* "better"/more advanced than the Evo OG. I know, I have them both.

* More than double the CPU power
    * Faster graphics
    * More RAM
    * Lots more storage
    * Larger battery
    * Higher resolution screen
    * 3D screen and camera (like it or ignore it)
    * Side charger + MHL port

The Evo 3G is about as different from the Evo OG as the Evo 3D is from the Evo LTE
    Yes. But everywhere you look, the 3D was marketed as more of a gimmick, rather than a full on successor to the OG EVO. It didn't have the full on "True Successor" as this one does.

ROM
    Decks Reloaded,RebelROM

Evo 3d is a good phone but it wasn't a game changer like the OG EVO

Sent from my Thrive using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    2,483 Global Posts

Yes. But everywhere you look, the 3D was marketed as more of a gimmick, rather than a full on successor to the OG EVO.
    That is because people were focused on the 3D screen/camera and not the rest of the phone. The 3D aspects did not detract at all from the functionality or use of the phone. It could simply be ignored. None of that changed all the other vast improvements.

It didn't have the full on "True Successor" as this one does.
    Only in the minds of those focused on something that could easily have been ignored...

Global Posts
    2,483 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Evo 3d is a good phone but it wasn't a game changer like the OG EVO
    You are right. The Evo OG *was* a game changer- it was revolutionary. Perhaps in ways no other phone will ever be. Many firsts. First 4G, first kickstand, first Flash, huge screen, first Froyo phone, etc. It set the stage for much to come later.

The Evo 3D was an evolutionary change from the Evo OG. And the Evo LTE is an evolutionary change from the Evo 3D.

ROM
    CM10 Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    That is because people were focused on the 3D screen/camera and not the rest of the phone. The 3D aspects did not detract at all from the functionality or use of the phone. It could simply be ignored. None of that changed all the other vast improvements.

Only in the minds of those focused on something that could easily have been ignored...
    The camera was a big upset in the 3D. Taking a shot in quality for a gimmick. Granted, that's not why I got the 3D, which is where I agree with you. But no one saw the 3D as the "upgrade" to the OG EVO.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Some have posted on this forum that the future will be one in which we come home, drop the phone into a dock, and it becomes the core of the home computer. IE, no more desktop. If that comes to pass I will prefer a quad-core. And much more RAM than what is current. And a processor that is as fast as possible. Today I want a much better DAC. Perhaps a Wolfson, but a Wolfson with at least 120db quieting and not the one with only 94db that I believe appears in the S3.

Blah blah blah... Where's my damn Time Travel?! By 2015, Evos should double as hover boards. I'm sure they'll be big enough.

Global Posts
    2,483 Global Posts

The camera was a big upset in the 3D. Taking a shot in quality for a gimmick.
    I found the camera in the 3D to be about the same as the OG. That was one of the very few areas not improved much.

Granted, that's not why I got the 3D, which is where I agree with you. But no one saw the 3D as the "upgrade" to the OG EVO.
    That is because there are a lot of not-so-bright people out there (apparently)

Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post
    Have you tried S Voice? It's a useless gimmick. Neither it nor Siri are anywhere near a useful feature. Of course, I'm sure it'll get there, they have Vlingo behind it and they're amazing. But right now, S Voice is just...meh.
    Exactly, everyone I know with an iPhone 4S never uses Siri.

Slide out keyboard

---------- Post Merged at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:05 PM ----------

Slide out keyboard
    J
    Troll Headhunter

ROM
    Drew's CMX/Stock/Stock

Slide-out's make the phone fatter, harder for cases to stay attached, and easier to break (plus the all the previous flagship evos haven't had keyboards).

But what if all that was solved?!

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

what would make the phone perfect for me is...
    - OIS for the camera.
    - More RAM.
    - Better battery.

... it would also be nice if it had webOS
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,729 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

all I really need is more RAM HTC is shooting these Qualcomm phones in the foot by giving us 1 gig but upgrading the screen tech and a 3000 mah battery would be great additions
    Loving this Oneplus one!!

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

You can have Landscape Home Screens on the default HTC Sense Launcher.... Download Ultimate Rotation Control from the Google Play Store and set the app to Forced Auto!
    Voila.... Landscape Sense Home

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....fameit.rotate

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Lightbulb Re: 4th Generation (2013) HTC EVO

I need a lot more storage space. I have 16 on my SD & I'm low on space again. I want A LOT more internal storage. The size of the EVO 4g was big & just right. My new phone is too big & not an EVO. I'm returning it later today. I want to play free movies from my DirecTV. They won't play.
    Last edited by Liz Abbott; 12-02-2012 at 06:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfleet Captain View Post
    I would like to see LTE + quadcore (or hexacore if available), a 3000 mah battery, a full 1080p HD screen, better camera, 4 gigs of Ram, and Android Jelly Bean, all while keeping the same format factor.

Also, I'd like to see water proof (or water resistance) and maybe some new sensor.

All that ^

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12