connection timed out

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Umm... your data connection timed out. Are you on WiFi and what were you specifically doing at the time?

thomasr1950

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Umm... your data connection timed out. Are you on WiFi and what were you specifically doing at the time?

Driving in my truck, out walking. Sprint says it's a tower issue in my area. They said on my Shift it would not give me a message, the EVO LTE does. If issue continues it could be a phone issue. Tower upgrade completion is due in a couple of weeks. After that if issue persists i'll take phone in for repair.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Driving in my truck, out walking. Sprint says it's a tower issue in my area. They said on my Shift it would not give me a message, the EVO LTE does. If issue continues it could be a phone issue. Tower upgrade completion is due in a couple of weeks. After that if issue persists i'll take phone in for repair.

LOL, I meant what were you doing with your phone. I guess you're in one of those areas where the Network Vision is in full effect. All the message really means is that there is something going on, possibly in the background, and your device has waited too long for a response from the network. But it sounds like you'll be getting LTE in the very near future.

thomasr1950

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Let me clarify what i was saying. My phone was in my truck, it was on & in standby mode. When i got out of my truck i checked my phone, it said connection timed out. Today i was out walking & when i returned home my phone said connection timed out. Phone was on & in standby mode. Towers are being scheduled to be upgraded by 6/20. If it is a tower issue as Sprint states, why did it not happen with my Shift? Sprint think's it a tower issue, but i've read other owners state they loose their connection too.

bc2k

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I checked my settings. It was on LTE/CDMA. That may have something to do with it since i don't have LTE.

Might but I doubt it. I have mine set CDMA only and I see the connection time out message "often". Does seem to be strictly informational / annoying, with no real apparent problem.

And for what it's worth, my wife's Shift sees none of the weirdness I get on this E4GLTE. In addition to the time out message my phone gets intermittently hosed signal-wise and can't make or receive calls. Also - Sprint told me the same thing about our local tower in rural FL, where LTE *might* show up sometime next year. Imagine my skepticism.

On the plus side, they're sending me an AirRave for free. Hoping it helps.

Last edited:

thomasr1950

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Might but I doubt it. I have mine set CDMA only and I see the connection time out message "often". Does seem to be strictly informational / annoying, with no real apparent problem.

And for what it's worth, my wife's Shift sees none of the weirdness I get on this E4GLTE. In addition to the time out message my phone gets intermittently hosed signal-wise and can't make or receive calls. Also - Sprint told me the same thing about our local tower in rural FL, where LTE *might* show up sometime next year. Imagine my skepticism.

On the plus side, they're sending me an AirRave for free. Hoping it helps.

thomasr1950

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I found this article on www/techwave.comAfter pointing out our own findings as well as the forum complaints, Sprint communications manager Natalie Papaj replied, ?We are aware of the issue and are currently investigating it. I will keep you posted as I know more.? This was on TechHive.com today.

tomad51

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
I have an inexpensive mobile phone and was able to get to web sites until recently when a window popped up stating
"server timed out". Any suggestions on how to correct this on this mobile phone?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance