EVO LTE Issues/Problems you are having

thomasr1950

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Do you have a screen protector? The invisibleskins they had at launch covered the proximity sensor...

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

I have a Zagg HD, screen goes dark during a call. Some say this is the issue & some say to a safe reboot. How do i do the safe reboot?

Duffin

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else having the issue where the screen just becomes /completely/ unresponsive? I don't know what's causing it, but sometimes when I take it out of my pocket or plug it into the car dock, the screen just doesn't respond to touches at all. I'll have to, like...turn the screen off and on a bunch of times or sometimes just leave it off for 30 seconds and turn it back on before it'll be responsive again? What the heck is going on? It even did it once after a complete restart of the phone and the screen was completely unresponsive after it started back up.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Are you using a new case that could be interfering with the power button that some have experienced ? I'm not having Any issues and if that was constantly happening to mine it would go right back to the store I bought it from.

from Evo4GLTE on Android Central

Duffin

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Are you using a new case that could be interfering with the power button that some have experienced ? I'm not having Any issues and if that was constantly happening to mine it would go right back to the store I bought it from.

No, I don't have any case or protector on my phone. This is really angering me because it only started happening frequently the past two days, exactly a day after the damn 14 day return period.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Just for convenience sake check your timbre out settings. You might have it adjusted at minimal setting.

Duffin

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Just for convenience sake check your timbre out settings. You might have it adjusted at minimal setting.

No, it's set for ten minutes. It's not that the screen turns off. Literally, it's on, but nothing reacts to my touch. None of the shortcuts or the ring you drag to unlock. The live wallpaper still moves in the background, so the phone itself it's frozen it's just that the screen completely doesn't respond to touch.

In addition, the capacitive menu buttons also don't work.

taronba25

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
The phone does have issues. I'd say the bloom is off the rose. I cannot use my voice to input to a Google search qeury. After tapping return OR the search button, the input text disappears. It also switches from CDMA to LTE/CDMA when passing through a LTE market. I've had the Roaming warning issue go and come while traveling to Baltimore this weekend, no big whoop being on Sprint but unnerving none the less. Oh well, I'm well beyond 14 days so here's to our first update.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
The phone does have issues. I'd say the bloom is off the rose. I cannot use my voice to input to a Google search qeury. After tapping return OR the search button, the input text disappears. It also switches from CDMA to LTE/CDMA when passing through a LTE market. I've had the Roaming warning issue go and come while traveling to Baltimore this weekend, no big whoop being on Sprint but unnerving none the less. Oh well, I'm well beyond 14 days so here's to our first update.

I'm using my voice for Google search query.... Why is yours not working?

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I dunno, I'm using like usual. Speak an input, press done, then press return or the search button. Text in the query box disappears,, any clues?

I used a new app I saw today in android central to create my own voice button using "quick short cut" from play market. You go into it using the search for "voice" selecting the option for "voice recognition, activation" and presto I now have it on my task bar.it instantly brings up Google search which is what I use for my browser home page.
42575691-1db4-d676.jpg

Duffin

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Take it back into store demand a replacement if they can't fix it is my suggestion.

Well, the mystery may possibly be solved and it's not good if true. Basically, I went into the store and told them about the screen being completely non-responsive randomly. It realized as I went in, that the screen would unfreeze the second a new notification came in. They did a hard reset and it seemed fine. Once I installed Chrome Beta, though, it didn't take long for the issue to return. Once I uninstalled Chrome again, I haven't had the problem come back. So, it seems that somehow the Chrome Beta is interfering with the phone. Really annoying because Chrome is a great browser.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Week I would be happy just for the fact that you found what seems to be the main issue you're having.:thumbup:

Duffin

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Well, the mystery may possibly be solved and it's not good if true. Basically, I went into the store and told them about the screen being completely non-responsive randomly. It realized as I went in, that the screen would unfreeze the second a new notification came in. They did a hard reset and it seemed fine. Once I installed Chrome Beta, though, it didn't take long for the issue to return. Once I uninstalled Chrome again, I haven't had the problem come back. So, it seems that somehow the Chrome Beta is interfering with the phone. Really annoying because Chrome is a great browser.

Well, I was wrong. It's not Chrome. After leaving it alone for awhile, I turned it back on and it's got the same freaking problem. This is really starting to anger me.

Duffin

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Well, turns out it was a defective screen. Come home yesterday and it was doing it again where it wouldn't respond to touch only this time, nothing I did fixed it. So, I was able to get it to the store before it could start working again and luckily was able to show some employees there and they gave it to Repairs. They couldn't fix it either, so did they a swap out and I got a brand new replacement. Still crossing my fingers that this won't be a recurring problem, but it works perfectly in the car dock, whereas my old one was extremely unreliable in the car dock, so I think I might be good now. Thanks to Sprint for reassuring me I made the right choice switching to them by giving me stellar service.

Reactions: Mercury81

rext333

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I took one picture with my camera. Now the app isn't working. When I open the app now, all the tools show, except the screen is black...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad