EVO LTE Issues/Problems you are having

Feech

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I see that there are a few threads addressing some issues people are having. I would like to see a streamlined place where we can all discuss and share. Maybe a Mod can sticky this ? not sure..

Feech

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
And i will start it with the 2 things I am seeing. First my 3G signal/connection is a little flaky. It seems to disconnect with the mobile network on. I have changed the setting to CDMA only and I have also tried setting the network to Sprint only and Automatic and that didn;'t seem to work.

The other problem is the horrible noise that I hear when using my AUX on the car stereo. I need to test it more but there is a screeching noise if nothing is playing on my phone. My iPod doesn't do it and the OG EVO didn't do it. I need to test more but I think it is a issue..

blckz28

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I have 2 problems. First is on the lock screen. I have the productivity lock screen set to display 2 of my 3 Google calendars but it ignores that and shows all 3. My other problem is Latitude won't update my location for others to see unless I check in. Even on the map it shows me on the map in the correct place but the text shows my last check in. I do have location reporting set to update automatically.

junebug72

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I have network problems. One minute its working fine then no data for bout 10/15 minutes then just starts working again. Tried shutdown and restarts nothing will reconnect to data on its own. But calls and text work fine while thus is happening.

MuzzFury5

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
1. At work I have almost no signal but with the Evo 3D I still had at least one bar and could use the internet or Facebook app but at extremely slow speeds. Now with the Evo 4G LTE I get no bars at all and when I do have a small signal and open an app like Facebook all the bars go away and just loses connection.

2. Has anybody noticed that sometimes when you're on an app or game and you hit the Home or Back button sometimes the first tap nothing happens? Kinda annoying when I want to exit an app and then I click Home/Back and then I feel the phone vibrate so I know I did tap one of the buttons but nothing happens so I have to tap it again.

cgiaimo

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I also had the Screeching noise when using a cord in the headphone jack and an aux jack in my car. Thought it might be coming from the power supply so I unplugged the charger but it did not go away. It eventually has stopped and not reappeared, so I think it may have been some debris inside the headphone jack that worked it's way out. I also am getting frequent loss of the left channel, but think maybe my cord is going bad.

BranLee

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a problem with notifications from texts. I stopped using Go SMS pro because I can't see contact pics. Now, while using the stock message app, I don't get text notifications. I'm almost positive my settings are correct, i've been using HTC androids since the Hero.

Sent from my LTEvo

mech1164

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Have issues with calls. The phone keeps trying to get a signal. On Sprint the Roam then Sprint again. All the time the call just hangs then says call lost. Did the factory reset, then the PRL. Changed to cdma only and disabled NFC. Seems to have settled down for now. Still not sure if i'm keeping it. Lots to love, lots to hate to. OTA better be here by next week. Otherwise RETURN.

jamesbecker79

Banned
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
My sense CONSTANTLY restarts. Every time I exit an app it hangs until sense restarts. It is completely annoying to the point of being unusable. APEX fixed this but I really like sense widgets and the sense ICS dock and don't care to use apex. Sucks.

Bamm83

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I've been using handscent and after I send a text and put my phone in my pocket, sometimes it will hang with sending it until I open the app again. Its annoying to find out I didn't respond to someone in a timely manner because it didn't go through when I sent it. Not sure how to fix it. I have been using handscent since the Hero launch.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

WeGlobal

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
No problems to report other than when I use Handcent. Sometimes I keep receiving the same text in the quick notification box, and sometimes it takes forever to send a MMS to someone, or it doesn't send it at all.

Kinolay

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I can't connect to WiFi networks. If I wipe all of the networks from memory, it will recognize a network. Then, it will connect and stay connected for 10 min - 2 hours. Then, it won't recognize any networks ever again. I've tried everything:

Factory data reset (twice)
Different routers
Different networks
Toggle every WiFi setting
Cry into a pillow

Nothing fixes it. I've read that intermittent connection problems seem to be relatively common, but I haven't seen anyone claim that they can't connect at all.

elnewby

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know how to get rid of the Voicemail icon that appears in the notification bar? I can't seem to figure out how to get rid of it. I have checked multiple times, and I have no voicemails. They are all deleted. Any help would be awesome, Thanks!

EvoMCS

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Just got mine yesterday and I am having the problems with the 3G signal cutting off & on. At work I was able to use my EVO4G but I cannot use this at all. Not good. tried switching to CDMA only, etc.. No luck :'(

MsKimmy83

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone having a problem with when your on a call the screen will not light up so that you can do other things like answer another call, hang up, or just if you would want to multitak? if anyone knows how i can fix this please do!

bntran02

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
2. Has anybody noticed that sometimes when you're on an app or game and you hit the Home or Back button sometimes the first tap nothing happens? Kinda annoying when I want to exit an app and then I click Home/Back and then I feel the phone vibrate so I know I did tap one of the buttons but nothing happens so I have to tap it again.

Happens to me too all the time unfortunately...

I've had better connection on my original EVO but sprint was also a much better network two years ago but had since gotten pretty bad overall due to the upgrades. So I will hold my judgement on connection being a flaw as Wifi, GPS and bluetooth all seem significantly better.

txtmax

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
1) on the Gmail app when trying to copy text you used to be able to just click on the highlighted text to copy it to clipboard, now you have to go down to the bottom left and click on the icon to do it. This is only on the Gmail app.

2) The menu button will be sorely missed. Now the menu for each app appears, depending on the app, on a different part of the screen, as opposed to having it always on the same spot.
The "Recent Apps" button is UTTERLY USELESS! With the original Evo, you used to be able to press and hold the home button and see the most recent 8 apps without having to scroll at all!! WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?? (WERE THEY THINKING?!?!)

3) The text app, and for that matter Handcent and GoSMS DO NOT show the count for the unread messages, neither on the icon, nor on the notification bar, UNLESS you actually scroll down the notifications, then you can see how many unread messages you have.

4) Gmail app used to be awesome with the original Evo. Not only did it show the total unread messages you had but also, if you marked a message as unread (even a very old message), whether you did it from the phone or even from the computer, you would get a notification as if you just got a new message! Where's that?!?!

5) Sync seems to be having its own issues as well. On the regular email app, if I set it up to sync email every 5 minutes, it takes rather about 10-15 mins for the emails to come in. Original Evo was prompt at that...

6) on the regular email app in order to be able to go to the next or previous email, one has to first click on menu and only then do you have the "next" or "previous" option, unlike on the original Evo.

7) When already on max volume and want to make sure you still are with the volume rocker, you would hear a sound with the old Evo, now you got nothing are have to actually LOOK at the screen to make sure you got it to the max.

8 ) No option to play YouTube videos out of the YouTube app when clicking on a YouTube video on the browser.
That was a given with the original Evo. Annoying as hell on the LTE.

9) You MUST use both hands when holding the phone vertically if you want to have access to the whole screen (if you're laying down or sitting back on a sofa, for example), otherwise you will be unwillingly hitting the volume rocker or needing a chiropractor for your thumb. An issue which could be avoided with a gel cover, but could have been foreseen by HTC when producing such a smooth non-grippy back to the phone.

10) Gmail and Tasks are incompatible?! I mean, what's the point??

11) The regular email app can only be accessed a limited amount of times per 15 minutes? I already got quite a few of those error messages...

This isn't a cellphone war between the 4G and the LTE, obviously the LTE has lots of stuff over the original Evo. I'm not here to bash the LTE, on the contrary I would love to find solutions to all (or most) of those issues.
For the time being if I have to sum it up:
I love the speed and I LOVE the battery life but, in terms of practicality, I would stick with the original Evo.

P.S. I would rather not root my phone, and would like those problems to go away, help!

Gimme your thoughts!

anffitch92

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Am I the only one who is experiencing this or are other people having this problem also?

On my EVO 3D when I would hold down the home button for my recent apps to come up, I could click on any of those apps (like the browser, youtube, etc.) and it would take me right back to exactly where I was in it (i.e. on a youtube search results page or a specific site in the browser)

However, with the new Evo when I am multitasking with recent apps, if I were to do that same thing and go back into the youtube search results page or a web site it completely refreshes whatever it was doing, it doesnt hold your place like the 3d did.

And its not just youtube and the browser, it does this with nearly every app. Who else is having this EXTREMELY frustrating issue? Is that just how the new sense works with ICS? I just don't get it.

delthor7

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Unable to receive texts for past 7 days. Everything else works (people receive my texts, I can make/ receive calls, data works, etc) Updated my profile and prl. Did a factory reset. Tried to troubleshoot with 2 Sprint reps without success (they supposedly reset my profile on their end). Was instructed to wait for a call from a manager for help. Anyone else experiencing this? I'm totally bummed :'(