1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

Default Attaching downloaded pics to Texts...not working!

Does anyone have this issue?

I download pics from Twitter and The Chive....before, with my OG EVO, I could simply attach the pics to a text and send away. Now I'm getting an "unsupported picture format" error. To be sure it wasn't the picture, I tried pictures that I sent via text before, and now will not work.

This has become major issue #3 with the new EVO, along with the YouTube links not going straight to the YouTube app and the 4g wait (which I already knew). Starting to reconsider this purchase.

Can anyone help me figure out why I can't attach certain pictures to text messages?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    451 Global Posts

Default Re: Attaching downloaded pics to Texts...not working!

go to gallery and edit "chop" the pictures then send thru text was the only way it worked for me

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

As stupid as that sounds (I ignored it the first time) that's exactly what I had to do to. I saved the image into different formats (JPG, PNG, BMP). All were visible in gallery, but only the cropped ones would send as a picture message.

This happened with multiple memes I was trying to send. Pictures taken with a camera sent fine, whether my phone or a real camera. No clue...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Attaching downloaded pics to Texts...not working!-2012-11-28-21.59.31.png   Attaching downloaded pics to Texts...not working!-2012-11-28-21.59.24.png  

I just wish we could use a different app like Quick pic besides the Gallery app to send texts. :-(
    WHO DAT?!?!?!
    THIS IS NEW ORLEANS!!!!! - DREW BREES

Quote Originally Posted by boo5ted View Post
    I just wish we could use a different app like Quick pic besides the Gallery app to send texts. :-(
    I use quick pic to send pics all the time.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

One at a time maybe, not multiple pics though. When I try to attach
    more than one pic to a text the phone will always revert back to the gallery app when I try to attach the second pic.
    WHO DAT?!?!?!
    THIS IS NEW ORLEANS!!!!! - DREW BREES